Kerelan Chicken Curry in Lettuce Wraps
1. Heat the oil in the pan, add the mustard seeds and allow them to pop.
2. Once the seeds have popped add the curry leaves, then immediately add the onions, ginger and garlic and fry for approximately 8 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
3. Now add the chicken, turmeric and chili powder and cook for 10 minutes until nearly cooked through.
4. Then add the yoghurt, coconut milk, salt and sugar and ground almonds to taste.
5. Lay out the lettuce leaves on a wooden board and run the curry along the spine of each leaf, sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and sliced red chilli.
Recipe courtesy of Nisha Katona