Key lime delight tart
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the shortcrust pastry
For the filling
For the topping
1) Preheat the oven to 210C/Gas 7. Sift the plain flour into a mixing bowl and, using a pastry blender, blend in the chilled butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the caster sugar, egg yolks, salt and water. Mix to a soft dough.
2) Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a deep 23cm tart dish or 22cm fluted flan dish sprayed with cooking spray. Prick the bottom and chill.
3) Trim off any excess pastry from around the edge of the shortcrust base. Line the tart shell with baking paper and fill with dried beans or rice to weight down the pastry.
4) Bake the shell for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans/rice and return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Cool.
For the filling:
1) Lower the oven temperature to 180C/Gas 4. Beat the egg yolks in a large bowl until light and creamy. Beat in the condensed milk then add the lime zest and juice. Mix well and continue to beat until the mixture is thick.
2) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Slowly add the caster sugar until just combined. Gently fold into the lime mixture.
3) Pour the lime filling into the baked shortcrust shell.
4) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and begins to brown. Remove and cool, then chill in refrigerator.
For the topping:
1) Before serving, whip the double cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence. Either spoon the cream directly onto the tart or into an icing bag, to decorate the edges.
2) Cut the lime slices from the centre to the edge and twist. Arrange the lime between dollops of whipped cream.
3) Lightly sprinkle with lime zest and decorate with mint leaves; serve.
Other recipes with lime
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
Monster Mushroom Burger
Mexican Grilled Corn
Honey Soy Grilled Salmon with Edamame
Grilled Prawns with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Garlic
The Ultimate Jerk Chicken
Crisp Chicken Wings with Chilli-Lime Butter
Tequila Lime Chicken
Kiwi Kutee Cocktail
White Chocolate Buche De Noel
St. Patrick's Day Lime Poke Cake
Easy Key Lime Ice Cream Meringue Cheesecake
Strawberry ice cream
Healthy Spicy Steamed Baby Bok Choy
Vegan Saffron, Strawberry and Lime Meringue Nests
Sunny lomi salmon
Spicy Citrus Bloody Mary
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.