Kitchen sink salad
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
For the dressing
For the salad
1) In a blender combine all the ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse several times until well combined.
2) Once combined, turn the machine on and slowly add the olive oil. Chill until ready to use.
To prepare the salad:
1) In a medium frying pan over a medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and cool.
2) Clean out the pan with paper towel and in same pan over medium heat, lightly toast the pine nuts. Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
3) Wash and dry the greens and place in the refrigerator to chill, 10 to 15 minutes. Also chill individual salad plates or a platter if serving the salad family-style.
4) When ready to serve, in a large bowl toss together the salad greens, cucumber and tomato with just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad.
5) Place the salad on chilled individual plates or the platter and dress the top with pancetta, pine nuts, olives, Gorgonzola and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.