Linguine alla Parmigiana
Luscious linguine tossed with wafer-thin slices of Parma ham and tender peas.
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
This easy pasta dish depends on fine ingredients to make it taste so special.
1. Grate the Parmigiano Reggiano finely and set to one side.
2. Cook the linguine or spaghetti in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for six to eight minutes until just tender, or follow the pack instructions.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter and gently fry the spring onions until softened, about two minutes. Add the wine and let it bubble up for a few moments, then stir in the peas and heat gently for one or two minutes.
4. Reserving three tablespoons of the cooking liquid, drain the cooked pasta. Return it to the saucepan with the liquid. Stir in the spring onion and pea mixture, Parma ham and Parmigiano Reggiano. Re-heat gently for a few moments, season, then share between four warm plates or bowls.
5. Serve at once, with the freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and basil leaves.
Cook’s tip: Make sure that there is extra Parmigiano Reggiano at the table!
Recipe Courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano