Macadamia crusted tilapia with white chocolate beurre blanc
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
70g plain flour
2 large eggs
300g macadamia nuts
6 (175g) tilapia fillets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
White Chocolate Beurre Blanc, recipe follows
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/Gas 4
2) Place flour in shallow bowl. Whisk eggs in small bowl to blend. Finely grind nuts in processor. Transfer nuts to another bowl.
3) Season fish with salt and pepper. Coat fish with flour. Dip fish into eggs, then macadamia nuts, coating completely.
4) Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of 2 heavy large skillets over medium heat. Place 3 fillets in each skillet; cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fillets to large baking sheet. Bake fish until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes. Top with White Chocolate Beurre Blanc and serve.
For the white chocolate beurre blanc:
1) Cook shallots in olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes, adding garlic in the last minute.
2) Deglaze with wine and reduce by half. Add cream and coconut milk and reduce by half once more.
3) Remove sauce from heat and mount with white chocolate until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
Other recipes with chocolate
Chocolate Fondants with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Dark Chocolate and Caramelised Banana Pie