Mango and Lemon Chutney
1. Prepare the fruit and vegetables: Chop the dried fruit roughly. Wash the lemons under hot water scrubbing with a scorer to remove any wax and cut into quarters. Peel the onions and cut into large chunks. Peel the garlic and the ginger. Cut the stems from the chillies. Place the lemons, onions, garlic, ginger and chillies in a food processor and whiz until they are finely chopped.
2. Put the whole spices into a spice mill or coffee grinder and whiz until finely ground. Peel the mangos and cut all the flesh from the stone. Chop this roughly.
3. Have your jars ready in an oven at 100°C. Now place all the ingredients in you non-reactive pan and put this over a low heat. Stirring often bring the mixture up to a simmer. Cook the chutney at a moderate boil until thick, stir the pan often especially towards the end of cooking as it is then the chutney will start to stick to the bottom and may burn. Take care as when you reach this point the chutney may spit!
4. To test that the chutney is ready, pull a wooden spoon through the centre of the pan, if both sides stay apart you’re good to go, if they run together cook a little longer.
5. Take the pan from the heat and let it sit for five minutes Pot the chutney into the hot jars pressing it down well. Be sure to leave a little head space by filling to the shoulder of the jar and not up the neck. Screw the lids on loosely and leave to cool. Once the chutney is cold check the lids are tight then label the jars. Store in a cool dark place keeps 12 months makes 2.5 kilograms.
Recipe courtesy of Thane Prince
Other recipes with lemon
20-Minute Chicken Thighs and Couscous with Dill
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
Kids Can Make: Raspberry-Lemon Bread Pudding
Grilled Mixed Fruit
Grilled Chickpea Polenta Cakes with Chive Oil and Lemon
BBQ Rump of Lamb with Cumin Rub
Spiced Lamb Skewers with Blackberry Quinoa Salad
Spiced Salmon Kebabs with Yoghurt Sauce
Grilled Lamb Sandwiches
Mustard-Grilled Mackerel with Tenderstem and Toasted Lemon-Basil Breadcrumbs
Grilled Tuscan Chicken
Sweet apple iced tea
Lemon and Elderflower Martinis
Fresh Ginger Juice
Ginger and Cucumber Juice
Lemon Tiramisu Trifle
Lemon and Cranberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
Mini Mushroom, Kalonji and Feta Pies
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.