Mango chutney cupcakes
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
For the mango chutney curd
For the cupcakes
For the sweetened condensed milk whipped cream
For the mango star garnish
1) Put a small pot filled with 2.5cm of water on the hob to boil.
2) In a medium stainless steel bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until combined. Add 112g of the mango chutney and the mango nectar. Whisk until combined. Place the bowl on top of the pot of boiling water. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Whisk continuously until the mixture reduces and thickens to the consistency of sour cream, 10 to 20 minutes.
3) Take the mixture off the hob. Add the butter and whisk until it is fully incorporated. Fold the remaining 112g mango chutney and the mango chunks into the curd and allow to cool before filling the cupcakes.
To make the cupcakes:
1) Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3. Line the cups of a 24-cup cupcake or muffin tin with paper cases. In a small saucepan, heat the butter on low until just melted. Set aside.
2) In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, coriander and salt. Add the sugars and whisk until all the dry ingredients are combined
3) In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg white until lightly beaten. Mix in the milk, mango juice concentrate, mango nectar and vanilla. Gradually add the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking until just combined.
4) Scoop 120ml of batter into the saucepan of melted butter. Stir until combined. Add the oil and continue to mix until all are incorporated. Pour back into the large bowl of batter. Fold in until incorporated.
5) Use a 42g portion scoop to scoop the batter into each paper case, filling 2/3 full.
6) Bake until a cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into the cake, 18 to 22 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack until completely cool.
7) Hollow out 1cm of the centre of the cupcake with a corer or paring knife. Fill with the mango chutney curd. Top with a dollop of sweetened condensed milk whipped cream and a dried mango star garnish.
To make the sweetened condensed milk whipped cream:
1) In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the double cream until soft peaks form.
2) Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly pour in the condensed milk. Add the salt. Mix until firm peaks form – do not over-mix.
To make the mango star garnish:
1) Use a small rolling pin to flatten a few pieces of dried mango. Cut out 24 stars with 1cm star-shaped biscuit cutter.
Other recipes with champagne
AJ's Christmas Punch
Peach ginger bellini
Zachary de Git's A Change of Hue
Chocolate raspberry fizz: Christmas special
Grilled yukon gold potato salad with red pepper-smoked paprika mayonnaise
New potatoes with aioli
Goat Cheese, cherry, and walnut stuffed duck breast with a champagne glaze
Pork chops in creamy Champagne sauce with rustic garlic mashed potatoes
Wicked chica punch
Fingerling potatoes with aioli
Victor Yang's Royal Violet Sangria
Champagne Shrimp on Endive
Lobster & Potato Salad
Snap Peas with Pancetta and Parmesan
Oyster and Brie Champagne soup
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri road trips across America to check out classic greasy spoons.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Ina Garten shares the basics behind incredibly elegant yet easy food.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
The Great Food Truck Race
Food truck teams compete to sell the most food and ultimately win $50,000.
First We Feast
The teams create cake versions of food feasts. Duff's team makes a realistic farmers market while Buddy and his team create a towering monument of sweet treats.
Buddy and Duff take their first challenge - car cakes – for another spin. Duff aims for a better version of his lowrider, and Buddy revs up with a convertible '57 Chevy.
Buddy and Duff face off over cakes featuring ancient worlds. They look to the ancient Roman chariot races and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon for inspiration.
A Bug's World
The teams make cakes depicting a bug's world. Team Duff builds towering flowers and lightning bugs while Team Buddy creates a cross-section of Earth full of creatures.
Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman try to out-do each other with African safari-inspired cakes. A panel of 50 talented cake artists vote on the winner.
Buddy and Duff face off in an architecture challenge. Buddy travels back to ancient Egypt and Duff looks to his own future with a whimsical treehouse.
High Seas And High Stakes
Buddy and Duff make pirate cakes. Team Duff creates a detailed ghost ship and Team Buddy builds an unlucky pirate being pursued by a smitten shark.
North Pole Wedding
Raven-Symone challenges the four remaining teams of master cake and sugar artists to imagine the most-romantic wedding the world has ever seen at the North Pole!
For the grand finale, Buddy and Duff create monster cakes. Buddy works on a radioactive dinosaur, while Duff makes a Frankenstein’s monster cake.
Host Raven-Symone asks the four remaining teams of cake and sugar artists to create the craziest visions of a Christmas party in the animal kingdom.
When Toys Come Alive ... And Go Wild
Raven-Symone asks the five teams to show the judges what happens when the newly minted toys come alive, escape from their boxes and go wild.
The Great Turkey Escape
Raven-Symone challenges five teams of master cake and sugar artists to imagine what happens when all those holiday turkeys decide to make a break for it.
Santa To The Rescue
Host Raven-Symone challenges the five teams of cake and sugar artists to imagine what happens outside of the North Pole when Santa steps in to save the day.
Surprise Holiday Parade
Raven-Symone hosts as five teams of cake and sugar artists compete to impress judges Shinmin Li and Erin Acevedo in Santa's parade.
Chicken And Pie Party
Giada kickstarts the festive season with a pie party. On the menu is savoury butternut squash crostata, lemon-fried chicken and tiramisu ice box torta.
Giada gathers her friends for a cocktail party and gift exchange. On the menu is spinach and artichoke panini bites, warm citrus olives and delicious cocktails.
Giada's Turkey Day Feast
Giada shares her step-by-step approach for planning and executing the perfect Thanksgiving meal. On the menu is lemon and pea alfredo and kale salad.
Giada and her daughter host a Christmas party. They decorate sugar cookies, make sandwiches as well as double chocolate butter cookies and citrus slushies.
That's A Wrap! Party
Giada has friends and family round to enjoy delicious food and get into the festive spirit. Her buffet has antipasti skewers and Italian hot brown crostini.