Mini caramelised onion focaccia
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time35 mins
For the focaccia dough
For the onions
For the dough:
1) Whisk together the warm water, yeast, sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl; let stand until yeast is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
2) Whisk 155g flour and salt together in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture clumps together. Mix until incorporated. Add more flour, a little at a time, if dough is too wet.
3) Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; roll each into a ball. Place on a flour-dusted baking tray; cover with cling film. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 45 to 60 minutes. (Dough can be made up to this point 1 day ahead. Keep covered and refrigerate.)
For caramelised onions:
1) Heat oil in a large nonstick heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion slices to the saucepan and season with 1/2 tsp salt. Cook onions without turning until they are softened and beginning to brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add sherry vinegar and honey and stir well to incorporate; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until onions are tender and brown, occasionally stirring gently, about 10 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt.
2)Remove saucepan from heat and cool. (Onions can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
For the assembly:
1) Preheat oven to 230 degrees C/Gas 8.
2) Sprinkle 2 baking trays lightly with cornmeal. Roll out each dough ball to 7.5 to 10-cm rounds. Transfer 6 rounds to each prepared baking tray. Pierce dough all over with fork. Brush generously with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange onions evenly atop each round, leaving .5-cm plain border. Top with thyme leaves. Bake flatbreads until crusts are puffed and golden, about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled goats cheese on top of each mini focaccia. Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately.
Molasses-Glazed Rainbow Carrots
Eight-Flavor Sheet Pan Brownie-Cookie Bars
Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
Rainbows and Butterflies Pasta Salad
Quick Rainbow Cookies
Rainbow Fries with Grainy Mustard Aioli
Quick Coffee-Glazed Donut
Instant Pot Confetti Birthday Cake
Rainbow Bundt Cake
Giant Brownie Snack Cake
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Brooklyn, New York
Casey Webb’s quest takes him to Brooklyn for a barbeque and deli feast. Plus, he samples an Italian seafood staple and takes on a spicy shrimp challenge.
Newark, New Jersey
Casey Webb heads to go home state, New Jersey! He samples an iconic Italian hot dog, a Portuguese pork sandwich and takes part in a taco challenge.
Delivery: DDD OGs
Guy and Hunter Fieri send out a big box of groceries to three diner chefs. They must make a classic takeaway dish using an unusual kitchen gadget.
The Northern Plains
The seven bakers put their own spin on South Dakota’s kuchen. Then for the bake-off challenge they make a new dessert with Minnesota’s scotcheroo ingredients.
From Europe To Asia
Guy finds righteous ramen in Millcreek, Utah, artichoke parmesan soup in Grand Junction, Colorado, and stuffed cabbage and schnitzel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Delivery: One Box Only
Guy and Hunter send only one box of groceries to three winning chefs. They must use the same 15 items in both a hot lunch and Sunday supper.
Delivery: All-Star Holiday
Guy and Hunter recruit three all-star chefs to play holiday games in their home kitchens. The chefs must cook up two different seasonal dishes.
Delivery: All-Star Hanukkah
Guy and his son, Hunter send ingredients and food challenges for a Hanukkah competition at home. They must turn eight leftover items into a meal.
Classic And Comfort
Guy Fieri's comfort-filled joy ride takes him to Draper, Utah, for fried chicken and grits and then heads to Nashville for vegan chorizo.
Tacos, Tots And Chops
Guy Fieri's enjoying a real deal Reuben in Grand Junction, Colorado, next-level tacos in Salt Lake City and Middle Eastern specialties in Nashville.
Delivery: Double Trouble
Guy Fieri and his son, Hunter send three all-star chefs two boxes of groceries and challenge them to reinvent classic food duos!
Inspired by a visit to the Caledonian Forest in Scotland, Mary makes some hearty meals. She shares her recipes for a warming hotpot and a tasty puff pastry tart.
Mary begins her culinary exploration of Yorkshire by sampling some classic dishes in the ancient seaport of Whitby. Later, she visits a world-renowned smokehouse.
Guy Fieri's digging into a world of flavour with unexpected dumplings in Oregon, real deal mofongo in Utah and coal-fired pizza in Nashville.
Sandwiches And Spice
Guy is in Salt Lake City to visit a Venezuelan spot that’s making amazing arepas. And, a Nashville joint is putting their own twist on Jamaican specialties.
Delivery: Home Sweet Home
Guy and Hunter Fieri deliver sweet treats and unsavoury surprises to their favourite dessert-loving chefs. Who will win a chance to spin the money wheel?
Delivery: All-Star Thanksgiving
Guy and Hunter Fieri play some holiday-inspired games and challenge their favourite chefs to cook up the best Thanksgiving dinner!
Yes We Have No Banana Pudding
Alton reinvents a dessert from his childhood, banana pudding. He shares his recipes for baked banana pudding and refrigerated banana pudding.
Alton Brown delves into pumpkin pie, taking the classic back to Plymouth and forward into the future. Plus, he cooks up whole pumpkin pie soup.