Mini masala dosa
These mini filled lentil pancakes are drizzled with spicy coconut chutney.
- Preparation Time50 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the potato filling
For the coconut and coriander chutney
For the dosa batter
1) Boil the potatoes in plenty of hot, salted water until tender. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat the oil in a large pan and add the mustard seeds. Wait for them to pop, then add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions, chillies, turmeric and ginger. Allow to cook on a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the salt, sugar, lemon and potatoes. Toss together and add the chopped coriander.
Coconut and coriander chutney:
1) In a large bowl, soak the coconut in the coconut milk and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, blend together all other ingredients except the yogurt using a food processor or a pestle and mortar if you're feeling energetic.
3) Mix the blended ingredients with the soaked coconut and yogurt mixture.
1) Mix together the rice, urad dal, channa dal and fenugreek seeds and wash five to six times in cold water.
2) Place them in a large bowl and cover with warm water overnight or for at least 5 to 6 hours.
3) After the soaking period, discard the soaking water, reserving about 500ml.
4) Place the soaked rice, dals and methi seeds in a blender/grinder, and blend to a thick paste. The consistency of the batter should be just so that it covers the back of a spoon. Add a little bit of the reserved soaking water to help with the blending/grinding process. Blend/grind the batter to a degree where it's grainy - this is what's going to make the dosas crispy.
5) Place the dosa batter in an extra-large bowl, and put the bowl on top of a tray to catch the batter if the fermentation becomes too aggressive. Cover loosely and ferment overnight.
6) The next day, add salt, asafoetida and bicarbonate of soda, whisk lightly. It is important to add salt at this stage and NOT before as salt retards the fermentation process.
7) Lightly grease a flat nonstick pan with a halved onion and heat on a medium flame. Pour your batter into the middle of the pan with a ladle, making concentric circles outwards to spread thinly and evenly. Cook until the top becomes dry.
8) Spread a thin layer of oil on the top side of the pancake, toss and cook for a couple of seconds on the other side.
9) Spread the pancake with Coconut and coriander chutney, fill with the potato mixture, roll and serve immediately.
Other recipes with potato
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Italian Roast Potatoes
Vegan Roasted-Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Bangers and Mash
Creamy Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
The Ultimate Turkey Gobbler Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo
Turkey and Brussels Bubble and Squeak
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts
Spicy Dauphinoise Potatoes
Winter Vegetable Soup
Buffalo Chicken Twice-Cooked Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Juicy Lucy-fer Sliders
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
Jun Tanaka's Wild Alaskan Black Cod
30-Minute Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
Spiced Caramel Roulade with Ginger Cream
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Beasts And Bourbon
Four chefs are challenged to make a meal using high rye bourbon and bison ribeye. Later, they must create a dessert featuring chunky blue cheese dressing.
Guy Fieri brings together four all-star chefs to test their burger-making prowess. In one round, they must make an over-the-top burger and fries combo.
GGG Winning Teams
Winning teams from previous competitions are back for another culinary battle. In one game, they must shop without carts for their surf and turf ingredients.
GGG Winners And Their Dads
Four winners are joined by their fathers to take on Guy’s culinary challenges. The team who emerges victorious will win a prize worth up to $20,000.
Big Budget Bonanza
Four chefs take on Guy Fieri’s brutal budget bonanza. In one round, a wheel determines what ingredients the chefs can use for their breakfast creations.
Five-Dollar Price Check
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to only shop for ingredients under $5. The most budget-savvy chef will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Allegra is in Antalya to sample a traditional Turkish breakfast, before exploring one the city’s largest markets. Later, she cooks prawns Halicarnassus.
Allegra continues her culinary adventure in Aydin, where she meets one of Turkey’s largest olive oil producers. Plus, she shares her recipe for poached quince.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.