Must-have muffaletta burgers!
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the Creole mayo
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line a heavy large baking sheet with aluminium foil.
2) Arrange 12 salami slices in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake until the salami slices are browned (much like bacon), watching closely to ensure they brown evenly, about 10 minutes. They will crisp as they cool.
3) Transfer the salami bacon to a paper towel-lined baking tray to absorb the excess oil. Set aside to cool. The salami bacon can be made 8 hours ahead, and stored in an airtight container kept at room temperature.
For the burgers:
1) Combine the pork, onion, garlic, salt, Greek seasoning and black pepper in a large bowl and mix just until evenly combined, do not over mix. Form the meat mixture into 4 equal patties a little larger in diameter than the rolls, so that when they shrink after cooking they will fit the roll perfectly.
2) Heat a griddle pan or outdoor griddle to medium heat. Once the griddle is hot, cook the burgers until the juices run clear and they are firm to the touch, about 6 minutes per side. Do not overcook or the burgers will be dry and tasteless.
3) Top each burger with 2 slices of the provolone cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking to melt the cheese. Remove the burgers to a plate, tent with foil and allow to rest for a couple of minutes while you prepare the rolls.
4) Split the rolls in half and toast the cut surfaces lightly on the griddle or in pan. Spread Creole mayo on the bottom halves of the rolls and top with the burgers.
5) Top each burger with 3 pieces of salami bacon, a thin slice of red onion, some lettuce, then a little of the chopped olive salad. Spread a little Creole mayo on the top half of each roll and cover the burgers. Press it down, grab some napkins, and ENJOY!!!!!
For the creole mayo:
1) Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.
Other recipes with pork
Crispy Roast Pork Belly with Salty Caramelised Apples
25-Minute Grilled Pork Chops with Succotash
Anna Olson's Gyoza
Fruity Pork and Chilli Kebabs
Grilled Korean-Style BBQ Glazed Pork Chops with Red Onions and Baby Bok Choy
Peach-Mustard Pork Chops
Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
Meatball Scone Sandwiches
Thai Red Curry Scotch Eggs
Sweet and Sour Pork Sliders
Roasted Pheasant (Pheasant Alla Fiorentina)
Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Roast
Pork chops stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
Real Meatballs and Spaghetti
Kuay Tiaw Pad Thai
Chicken and Pork Souvlaki
Pork and Prawn Boiled Wontons
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Witch's Ribs with Halloween Toasts
Spicy Pop Pulled Pork
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.