Olive Plait Bread
- Cooking Time30 mins
1. Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and add the salt to one side and the yeast to the other.
2. Add the olive oil and three quarters of the water. Turn the mixture round with your fingers; continue adding the remaining water until all the flour has been incorporated.
3. You may not need all the water. Pour a little oil onto your work surface. Tip the dough onto the surface and knead for 5-10 minutes until it's smooth.
4. Place the dough back into the bowl and add the olives, onions and coriander and knead until well incorporated. Cover and leave to prove for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size.
5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and fold the dough inwards repeatedly until all the air is knocked out.
6. Divide the dough into seven equal pieces. Flatten each piece of dough and then roll into ropes approximately 60cm in length. Try to keep each length of the dough the same thickness.
7. Dust the work surface and line the ropes of dough vertically. Pinch the ropes of dough together at the top to secure them, divide the ropes so you have 3 on one side and 4 on the other. Starting from the outside and working towards the middle, take the outside rope on the right and place it over 1 rope and under 2 ropes. Straightening the lengths of rope as you go, each time having 3 ropes on one side and 4 on the other.
8. Do the same starting from the left side taking it over 1 rope and under 2 ropes. Repeat this sequence until the whole loaf is plaited. When you get to the end, pinch the dough together to neaten. Roll in the sesame seeds if using. Place the plait onto the prepared tray. Cover and leave to prove for 45 minutes or until risen and doubled in size.
9. Heat your oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
BBQ Prawns with Roast Chilli Salsa
Grilled Prawn Skewers with Soy Sauce, Ginger and Toasted Sesame Seeds
Grilled Shrimp with Garlic (Gambas al Ajillo)
Pineapple, Prawn and Okra Salad
Grilled Marinated Leg of Lamb with Asparagus
Paella on the Grill
Cumin Griddled Scallops with Chickpea Salad and Red Pepper Tahini
Chipotle Prawn Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Char Grilled Phu Quoc Salt and Chilli Squid
Grilled Prawns with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Garlic
Miso-Grilled Aubergine and Scallops
BBQ Rump of Lamb with Cumin Rub
Spiced Lamb Skewers with Blackberry Quinoa Salad
Tofu Skewers With Walnut Pesto
Grilled Lamb Sandwiches
Prosciutto Lamb Burgers
Grilled Portobello Burger with Onion Jam
Spicy Hoisin Glazed Aubergine
Mini Lamb Satay Sticks
Bean-Kale Burgers with Sweet Potato Wedges
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.