Ostrich Cheese Burgers
For the Ostrich Binding Mixture
1. Take the ostrich fillets together with the cold butter and put through a mince.
2. Place in a bowl, and add wholegrain mustard and season the mixture.
3. Add a cup of breadcrumbs and the blended mixture of all the Slurry ingredients together. Cover with cling wrap and allow for no surface area to avoid drying out. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Fry the packet of bacon until crispy. Set aside.
5. Roll the Ostrich meatballs in the palm of your hand. Flatten slightly when placed on the grill.
6. Cook for 5 minutes on both sides until even cooked.
7. Slice the burger buns in half. Toast the halves in a panini press.
8. Slice thin layers of cheddar cheese on the patties and place under the grill until it reaches a soft melting consistency.
9. Assemble the burgers with a mayonnaise, lettuce, sliced tomato, bacon, the Ostrich burger patty and slithers of melted cheese.
10. Top with the other half of toasted bun and serve.