Pan roasted duck breast
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
1) Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Score the skin of the duck breasts and season them lightly with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet and put in the duck breasts, skin side down. Cook slowly, rendering the fat, until the duck skin is golden and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the duck breasts over and cook them in the duck fat for 2 minutes. Remove the duck breasts from the pan to a plate, cover them with foil, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
2) After the duck has rested, return them to the skillet, skin side down, over medium heat. Spoon the duck fat over the breasts until they are just heated through. The skin should be crispy and duck meat should be pink in color. Transfer to a cutting board.
3) In another medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the pancetta and cook until it begins to color, about 5 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and add in the spinach and the frisee. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, then add the hazelnuts and toss the greens gently to coat them with the oil. Cook the greens until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
4) To serve, divide the greens onto 2 plates and garnish with the chives. Slice the duck breasts and fan them over the greens. Spoon the razz cherry garlic glaze across the duck and garnish with chervil.
For the razz cherry garlic glaze:
1) Combine the red wine, grenadine, vinegar, and sugar in a saucepan over high heat and bring it to a boil. Peel and slice the garlic as thinly as possible. Add the garlic and razz cherries to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Continue to cook until the sauce is reduced and syrupy, about 15 minutes.
Other recipes with duck
Honey-glazed Duck Breast with Sweet and Sour Greens
Kirill Runkov's Barbarian Cocktail
Peking Duck with Apple and Tamarind Sauce
Roasted Five-Spiced Aylesbury Duck
Pan Roasted Duck with Picota® Cherry Sauce
Confit Shoulder of Organic Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic Poached Plum Tomatoes
Pan-fried Honey Orange Duck
Spice Rubbed Grilled Duck Breast with Grilled Peach and Goat Cheese Salad
Grilled quail with lingonberry sauce
BBQ duck on corn cakes
Goat Cheese, cherry, and walnut stuffed duck breast with a champagne glaze
Duck, duck, delicious burgers
Braised chuck roast
Duck with apple sauce and mashed potatoes
Roast duck with ginger and lime sauce
Duck fat potatoes
Bobby Chinn’s Spring Roll
Crispy Fragrant Duck Tacos with Asian Pear and Mango Salsa
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.