Veal Escalopes with a Parmesan Breadcrumb
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
1. Mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, cayenne pepper and thyme in a wide flat dish.
2. Beat the eggs roughly in a medium sized mixing bowl and season with salt which breaks down the egg yolks. Transfer onto a small serving dish.
3. Sieve the plain flour onto a plate and season well.
4. Trim the veal escalopes of any fat.
5. Roll the escalopes in the seasoned flour, pat it to remove the excess flour, then dip into the beaten egg before thoroughly covering with the cheesy breadcrumbs. (Repeat the process if you choose to give a thicker coating.)
6. Lightly pat the coated escalopes down so that the crumbs stick to the egged veal.
7. (It would be worth your while to have 2 non stick frying pans on the go as the escalopes will be too large to cook more than one at a time.) Heat both the frying pans with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil along with a some butter (you can do half and half) over a medium heat.
8. Once it’s sizzling hot, add the crumbed escalopes to each pan. Fry for approx 2 -3 minutes or until golden.
9. Then turn over and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
10. Drain on kitchen paper.
11. Then add a couple of more tablespoons of oil and butter to each pan and repeat the process.
12. Serve on boards with wedges of lemon and a bowl of Tomato Salad.
Tip: If the oil should darken considerably during the first batch of frying, clean with kitchen paper and start afresh with oil and butter and repeat the process.