Parmigiano Reggiano Pasta Primavera
The zest and juice of a lemon cut through the richness of this cream sauce.
- Cooking Time25 mins
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water, according to pack instructions, until al dente. Drain and stir through grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook the vegetables separately in boiling salted water (asparagus: 3-4 minutes, peas: 2-3 minutes, runner beans: 2-3 minutes) then drain and quickly plunge into cold water. Drain again.
3. Melt butter in saucepan and stir through the vegetables. Cook over a low heat to reheat the vegetables for 2 minutes.
4. Stir through the cream, basil, lemon juice, zest of half lemon, and a good pinch of black pepper. Add in the spaghetti and toss until it is well coated in sauce.
5. Serve topped with the shaved Parmigiano Reggiano and a little basil, lemon zest, pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano