- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time300 mins
2) The day of serving: Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4.
3) Drain the beans. In a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, combine the beans, onion, carrot, celery, salt, and 3 litres of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until fully cooked and creamy, 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Let cool.
4) While the beans are cooking, combine the garlic, olive oil, rosemary, and chile in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the oil begins to bubble, reduce the heat to low and cook the garlic in the oil until the cloves are soft and tender, 30 to 45 minutes; be careful not to brown the garlic. remove from the heat, leave in the pan, and let cool.
5) Strain the cannellini beans, reserving the cooking liquid, and add the beans back to the Dutch oven. Add the garlic-olive oil mixture to the beans and stir to incorporate. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and then turn down to low and cook together for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to incorporate the ingredients into the beans. Set aside. Remove the rosemary sprigs and chile pod and discard.
6) In a small saute pan over medium heat, cook the pancetta until tender but not crispy, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
7) Working in small batches, use a blender to puree the bean mixture by adding a small amount (about 60ml) of the reserved bean cooking liquid to the beans in the blender and pureeing to a smooth, pourable soup consistency. Repeat with the entire bean mixture.
8) To serve: Warm the soup over medium heat, carefully stirring in more cooking liquid from the beans if the soup thickens while warming. Ladle about 250ml of soup in each bowl; divide the ditalini between the 4 servings, placing it in a small pile in the center of the soup. Sprinkle the pancetta over each pile of the ditalini, drizzle a little of the olive oil over the top and finish with a little freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Other recipes with bean
Broccoli and French Beans
Winter Vegetable Soup
Black Bean Scallops with Samphire and Rice Noodles
Chilli con Carne
Minestrone Soup with Beans
White Bean and Chicken Chili
Slow-cooker Bean and Barley Soup
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Chicken Chilli
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Sous Vide Cod with Chilli, Garlic and Coriander Butter with Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Ragu
Sesame Balls with Red Bean Paste and Bananas
Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie
Other recipes with carrot
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Tom Aiken's Gravy
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Sesame Chilli Vermicelli
Lancashire Pea and Ham Soup
Roasted Turkey Gravy
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips and Brussels Sprouts
Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta
Creamy Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Hazelnut Frico
Witches Hat Cupcakes
Asian Ribbon Salad
Steamed vegetables with ginger miso dressing
Herby Lamb Stew with Buttered Kale
Pasta with Beef Ragu and Braciole
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship: Gingerbread Showdown
Teams tackle themed gingerbread build challenges for a prize worth $10,000.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking
Gordon Ramsay shares his top recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Five-Dollar Price Check
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to only shop for ingredients under $5. The most budget-savvy chef will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Allegra is in Antalya to sample a traditional Turkish breakfast, before exploring one the city’s largest markets. Later, she cooks prawns Halicarnassus.
Allegra continues her culinary adventure in Aydin, where she meets one of Turkey’s largest olive oil producers. Plus, she shares her recipe for poached quince.
Here To Persevere!
Host Ted Allen challenges four chefs to make an appetiser using cocktail fruit slices, canned clam sauce and sausage-stuffed pancakes on sticks.
Grandma Grocery Games
Guy Fieri welcomes four grandmothers to show off their culinary skills. In one round, they must cook their most requested family dish.
All ABC Games
Guy Fieri invites chefs to compete in three rounds featuring seafood and fried ingredients. The winner will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
All-Stars' Full Meal
Celebrity chefs take on three-course meal challenges. In one round, the chefs must include a special ingredient of Guy's choosing in their international dish.
Guy Fieri welcomes three couples to take on his culinary games. In one round, the loved-up duos must work against the clock to make a wedding dinner.
Pro Athletes And Judges
Guy invites three professional athletes to test their culinary skills. In one round, the sporting stars must shop for their ingredients while blindfolded.
Allegra travels to the Aegean coast and explores the diet of Turkey’s past. Back at home, she feels inspired to make a tasty artichoke and sausage salad.
Allegra heads to the vibrant city of Bursa and explores the morning food markets. Later, she learns from the grandson of the man who invented the doner kebab.
Three teams of chefs represent their restaurants as they compete in two action-packed rounds. The winning team will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to get creative and assemble tasty sandwiches. The chef who has the most skill between two slices of bread will win up to $20,000.
Guy Fieri gives four home cooks a chance to prove their culinary skills. The rookie who best rises to the challenge will win a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.
Ultimate Asian Food Showdown
Four chefs face off to see who can make the tastiest Asian cuisine. In one round, the chefs must use tiny carts to shop for their rice dishes.
Guy Fieri invites three of America’s best cheese chefs to take on his culinary games. The final round pits the competitors against chef Eric Greenspan.
Allegra is in Iznik to learn the secrets to making a stuffed flatbread called gozleme. Back in the kitchen, she demonstrates how to cook chicken guvec.
Chef Allegra McEvedy explores the culinary culture of Istanbul. She visits a world-famous spice market and samples a variety of unique Turkish Delights.
Wild And Crazy Budget Games
Guy Fieri challenges four talented chefs to make tasty dishes on a budget. The winner gets a shopping spree worth up to $20,000.