- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
2) Mound 30 small clusters of pecans, about 3 or 4 pecans each, spaced about 5cm apart on the pan.
3) Make the caramel by warming the cream over low heat. Keep warm while you cook the sugar.
4) Put the sugar and golden syrup and in a deep, heavy-bottomed large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring, raise heat to medium-high, and simmer until the sugar reaches the hard crack stage, or 157C on a candy thermometer, about 7 mins.
5) Whisk the butter and salt into the sugar mixture. Gradually pour in the cream and vanilla taking care since the mixture will bubble up. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar reaches soft ball stage, 118C on the thermometer, about 5 mins more. Immediately remove from the heat and cool for a minute.
6) Ladle a couple tbsp warm caramel over some of the nut clusters, to make the spider bodies. Then press 6 pieces of licorice into the warm caramel to make the legs. Repeat with the remaining caramel and licorice. (It's helpful to have an extra hand here, since the caramel can set quickly. If caramel hardens, warm over very low heat.) Let spiders cool 15 mins.
7) Meanwhile, put the chocolates in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with 2.5cm or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl over, but not touching, the water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until melted and smooth. (Alternatively, put the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Melt at 50 percent power in the microwave until soft, about 1 min. Stir, and continue heat until completely melted, 2 to 3 mins more.)
8) Spoon about 1 tbsp of melted chocolate on top of each spider. Sprinkle with hundreds and thousands or chocolate curls, if desired. Let cool until firm.
Other recipes with chocolate
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Cream-Filled Devil's Food Cupcakes
Quick White Chocolate Eton Mess in a Kilner Jar
Chocolate Cheesecake Candy Cane Bars
John Whaite's Cranberry, Chocolate and Pecan Biscotti
White Chocolate Buche De Noel
Chocolate and Orange Christmas Cake
Lyle's® Choc-Chestnut Pots
Red Hot Santa Tini
White Chocolate Egg Nog
S'mores Delight - Christmas Special
Christmas Cookie Cocktail
Cinnamon and Vanilla Pod Hot Chocolate
Eight-Flavor Sheet Pan Brownie-Cookie Bars
Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Other recipes with mushroom
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
15-Minute Asian Rice Salad
Herbed Chicken Marsala
Vegetarian Tandoori Kebabs
Griddled Steak with Wild Mushrooms
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Mini Mushroom, Kalonji and Feta Pies
Turkey, Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
Turkey Strudel with Wild Mushrooms and Chestnuts
Spinach Salad with Fried Egg, Bacon and Mushrooms
Vegetable Guo Tieh
Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli
Money Bags Filled with Fried Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
Aubergine Stew with Honey and Golden Sultana Polenta
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Japanese mushroom egg noodle soup
Braised shanks with barley broth
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.