- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time200 mins
For the house seasoning
1) Preheat oven to 176 degrees C.
2) Add the house seasoning, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Rub seasoning into the roast on both sides.
3) Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast, searing it on both sides. Place the meat in a roaster pan. Add onions and garlic to skillet for 1 to 2 minutes to absorb leftover roast juice. Place into roaster pan with meat and bay leaves.
4) Combine the mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon into a bowl. Pour over the roast. Add water.
5) Cover pan with foil and bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until tender.
6) Remove and discard the bay leaves.*Cook's Note: If the gravy is not thick enough, remove the meat from the pan and pour the gravy into a saucepan. Bring to a boil and thicken it by adding 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 56ml cold water, stirring constantly.
Mix ingredients and store in an air tight container for up to 6 months.