Rainbow Pride Pops
Recipe Courtesy of Khalil Hymore
- Preparation Time30 mins
5 teaspoons each strawberry, orange, lemon, lime, berry blue and grape Jell-O powder
6 teaspoons superfine sugar
890ml boiling water
- Place each Jell-O flavor in a separate small bowl. Whisk 1 teaspoon superfine sugar into each bowl.
- Starting with the strawberry and working with one flavor at a time, pour 120ml plus 2 tablespoons boiling water into each bowl. Stir gently until the gelatin and sugar dissolve.
- Evenly divide the strawberry gelatin among ten 3-ounce ice pop molds using a small liquid measuring cup (about 1 tablespoon per mold). Freeze until just set, about 15 minutes. Repeat with the remaining flavors in this order: orange, lemon, lime, berry blue and grape.
- Place the lid on the ice pop mold and insert wooden sticks. Freeze until completely solid, about 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the pops from the freezer. Let stand at room temperature until they slide out easily, about 10 minutes.
For grown-up Pride pops, try replacing a little of the water with some vodka.