Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
All brownies are magical. Brownies can make anyone smile. But if all brownies are magical, the most magical brownies are rainbow unicorn brownies, with glitter. They are as magical as they are delicious.
- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
Nonstick cooking spray
230g unsalted butter, cut into little pieces
225g white chocolate, chopped into little pieces
1 teaspoon (5 grams) pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
2 large eggs
280g all-purpose flour
3 to 5 different gel food colours (whichever you want to colour the batter)
100g white chocolate chips
Edible glitter, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line it with parchment, spray it again and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and chopped white chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second increments (stirring with a rubber spatula between every increment).
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla extract and salt until well combined. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add about 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture to temper. Add the egg mixture into the sugar mixture and stir well. Gradually add the flour to the batter, stirring until completely combined.
- Separate the batter into 3, 4 or 5 bowls, depending on how many colors you want to make. Stir a few drops of food color into each bowl until the batter is the color you want.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer each batter color to its own piping bag. Cut the tip off of each bag and then pipe the colors into the prepared baking pan. You can pipe in straight lines, squiggles, whatever you want; just remember that you are going to cut the brownies, so make sure every brownie gets all the colors!
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes, then let the brownies cool in the pan. When cool, cut them into squares and separate them on a cutting board.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second increments (stirring with a rubber spatula between every increment). Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies, then top with the edible glitter.
- Allow to set at least 10 minutes until the chocolate hardens and the magic works.