- Preparation Time40 mins
- Cooking Time6 mins
For the dough
For the filling
1) In a large bowl combine the flour and the water. Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine into a large ball. Cover with cling film and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
2) Cut the dough into 4 evenly sized pieces; it should be slightly sticky. Add extra flour as necessary for rolling, but use only a little as necessary. Form each piece into a 5cm by 15cm rectangle. Recover the dough with the cling film.
3) Lightly dust the work surface and a rolling pin with flour. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough into 10cm x 50cm rectangles.
For the filling:
1) Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Place nine rounded teaspoon of filling about 2.5cm apart down the centre of the long side of one rectangle of dough. Fold the dough over the filling.
2) Press down around the edges of each mound of filling with your fingertips. Cut the ravioli into small squares and press down around the edges again with your fingertips to seal. Place the finished ravioli on a baking tray and continue forming the remaining ravioli.
3) Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add half the ravioli and cook until they float, stirring occasionally, about three to four minutes. Drain into a large bowl and cook the remaining ravioli.
1) Pour the olive oil over the cooked ravioli. Add the basil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
2) Gently toss to coat all the ravioli with the sauce and serve immediately.