Ricotta and tomato pizzas
Quick and easy pizzas with scoops of creamy ricotta and fresh herbs.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the dough
For the topping
1) Stir the water, oil and sugar in a liquid measuring cup until the sugar dissolves. Sprinkle the yeast over the liquid and set aside without stirring until foamy, about 5 minutes.
2) Whisk the flour, polenta and salt in a large bowl, make a well in the centre and add the yeast mixture. With a wooden spoon or your hand, gradually stir the flour into the liquid to make a rough dough. Pull the dough together into a ball. Turn out onto a work surface dusted with flour. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes, using a little flour if necessary to keep it from sticking. Shape the dough into a ball.
3) Brush a large bowl with oil and turn the dough around in the bowl to coat lightly. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film, trace a circle the size of the dough on the plastic, and note the time.
4) Let the dough rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Turn it out onto a work surface; knead briefly to release excess air, reshape into a ball and return to the bowl. Cover and let rise until it's soft and puffy, about 45 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, prepare your topping. Grate the tomatoes on the large holes of a box grater into a large bowl. If very juicy, drain lightly in a strainer. Sprinkle the garlic with the salt and mash and smear into a paste with the side of a chef's knife. Add to the drained tomatoes. Whisk in the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) Preheat the oven to 220C/Gas 7.
7) Divide the dough in half and form into rounds. Press each round into the polenta, flipping to dust both sides. Hold the dough up like a steering wheel and rotate and stretch it to make a thin disk.
8) Lightly brush a pizza screen or crisper with oil and place a round on top. Spread half of the tomato mix over the top and bake until the crust is golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove the pizza from the oven and drop spoonfuls of ricotta on top. Scatter with the fresh herbs and serve. Repeat with the remaining pizza.
Copyright 2007 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Other recipes with tomato
30-Minute Spicy Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
25-Minute Cheesy Sausage and Butternut Squash Casserole
25-Minute Grilled Pork Chops with Succotash
Herbed Chicken Marsala
Blue Cheese Steak Sandwich With The Works
Creamy Chilled Tomato Soup with Black Bean-Pepper Jack Quesadillas
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
BBQ Prawns with Roast Chilli Salsa
Prosciutto Lamb Burgers
Baked Caprese Salad
Mango And Baby Tomato Salad
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Coronation Turkey Filled Jackets
Crunchy Peanut Butter, Turkey and Coconut Curry
Turkey Lasagne with Butternut Squash and Spinach
Smoked Salmon Puffs
Pesto and Sundried Tomato Camembert Wreath
Winter Vegetable Soup
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.