Ricotta pancakes with roasted golden delicious apples and roasted prosciutto
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
For the topping
For the pancakes
1) Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2) On 1 tray lay the slices of prosciutto out in a single flat layer. Season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired, and pop into the oven. Roast the prosciutto until crispy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Cut each apple into thirds, remove the cheeks and discard the core. Slice each piece into 4 and toss with butter and maple syrup in a large bowl. Transfer to a roasting pan and place in the oven.
4) Roast the apples until they are fork-tender and slightly caramelized on the top, about 30 to 45 minutes depending on ripeness of the fruit.
For the pancakes:
1) Combine the ricotta, egg yolks, buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Sift the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into the ricotta mixture and stir until fully combined.
2) In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then gently fold into the batter.
3) Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat and add a little butter. Cook 2 to 3 pancakes at a time using a 170ml ladle or measuring jug to pour the batter into the pan. The trick to perfect round pancakes to carefully pour all the batter in the same spot and let it roll out to a complete circle.
4) Cook the pancakes on 1 side until they set. When small bubbles appear on the uncooked surface, flip the pancakes and cook until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes. Keep the pancakes on a plate set at the back of the stove under a dry towel to keep warm while you make the rest.
5) To serve, lay the pancakes on a plate and dust with icing sugar. Serve with roasted apples, crispy prosciutto strips and warm maple syrup.
Other recipes with lemon
Blueberry-Lemon Pie with a Butter Crust
20-Minute Chicken Thighs and Couscous with Dill
Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Asparagus Tart
Grilled Salmon with Citrus Salsa Verde
Grilled Lamb Sandwiches
Grilled Tuscan Chicken
Pan-Roasted Carrots with Mint and Parsley Gremolata
Rack of Lamb with a Saffron Sauce
Iced Easter Biscuits
Lyle's® Easter Egg Cake Pops
Lemon Macaroon Chicks
Raspberry and Lemon Easter Cake
Creamy Broccoli Salad
Roasted Italian Cauliflower
Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken and Vegetables
Healthy Broccoli Roman Style
Grilled Chickpea Polenta Cakes with Chive Oil and Lemon
Healthy Roast Asparagus with Creamy Almond Vinaigrette
Prawns on Couscous
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Brooklyn, New York
Casey Webb’s quest takes him to Brooklyn for a barbeque and deli feast. Plus, he samples an Italian seafood staple and takes on a spicy shrimp challenge.
Newark, New Jersey
Casey Webb heads to go home state, New Jersey! He samples an iconic Italian hot dog, a Portuguese pork sandwich and takes part in a taco challenge.
Delivery: DDD OGs
Guy and Hunter Fieri send out a big box of groceries to three diner chefs. They must make a classic takeaway dish using an unusual kitchen gadget.
The Northern Plains
The seven bakers put their own spin on South Dakota’s kuchen. Then for the bake-off challenge they make a new dessert with Minnesota’s scotcheroo ingredients.
From Europe To Asia
Guy finds righteous ramen in Millcreek, Utah, artichoke parmesan soup in Grand Junction, Colorado, and stuffed cabbage and schnitzel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Delivery: One Box Only
Guy and Hunter send only one box of groceries to three winning chefs. They must use the same 15 items in both a hot lunch and Sunday supper.
Delivery: All-Star Holiday
Guy and Hunter recruit three all-star chefs to play holiday games in their home kitchens. The chefs must cook up two different seasonal dishes.
Delivery: All-Star Hanukkah
Guy and his son, Hunter send ingredients and food challenges for a Hanukkah competition at home. They must turn eight leftover items into a meal.
Classic And Comfort
Guy Fieri's comfort-filled joy ride takes him to Draper, Utah, for fried chicken and grits and then heads to Nashville for vegan chorizo.
Tacos, Tots And Chops
Guy Fieri's enjoying a real deal Reuben in Grand Junction, Colorado, next-level tacos in Salt Lake City and Middle Eastern specialties in Nashville.
Delivery: Double Trouble
Guy Fieri and his son, Hunter send three all-star chefs two boxes of groceries and challenge them to reinvent classic food duos!
Inspired by a visit to the Caledonian Forest in Scotland, Mary makes some hearty meals. She shares her recipes for a warming hotpot and a tasty puff pastry tart.
Mary begins her culinary exploration of Yorkshire by sampling some classic dishes in the ancient seaport of Whitby. Later, she visits a world-renowned smokehouse.
Guy Fieri's digging into a world of flavour with unexpected dumplings in Oregon, real deal mofongo in Utah and coal-fired pizza in Nashville.
Sandwiches And Spice
Guy is in Salt Lake City to visit a Venezuelan spot that’s making amazing arepas. And, a Nashville joint is putting their own twist on Jamaican specialties.
Delivery: Home Sweet Home
Guy and Hunter Fieri deliver sweet treats and unsavoury surprises to their favourite dessert-loving chefs. Who will win a chance to spin the money wheel?
Delivery: All-Star Thanksgiving
Guy and Hunter Fieri play some holiday-inspired games and challenge their favourite chefs to cook up the best Thanksgiving dinner!
Yes We Have No Banana Pudding
Alton reinvents a dessert from his childhood, banana pudding. He shares his recipes for baked banana pudding and refrigerated banana pudding.
Alton Brown delves into pumpkin pie, taking the classic back to Plymouth and forward into the future. Plus, he cooks up whole pumpkin pie soup.