Sardine Pistou and Chilli Kale Spaghetti
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salty water according to packet instructions.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to cover the base and once hot, add the chopped onion and garlic paste. Stir quickly. After a minute add half the chilli flakes and cook for a further.
2 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add the kale and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
3. Once the kale has started to wilt add the sardines and the oil they were kept in. Stir the mixture well and add the optional wine and lemon juice at this stage if you are using them.
4. Add the pistou paste to the mixture and a few tablespoons of cooking water from the pasta. Stir through the mixture.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and hold back some of the cooking water in case you want to make the sauce looser. Add the kale mixture to the pasta and mix through. Taste and season with the rest.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com