Saucy BBQ Seafood Skewers with Not-So Secret BBQ Sauce
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Specials
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
60ml canned tomato sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 teaspoons brown sugar (not packed)
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
170g large raw sea scallops
115g raw Atlantic salmon
115g large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed)
8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
Special equipment: Wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- For the sauce: Combine the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic powder, and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the skewers: Cut scallops into halves or quarters, so that they are just slightly larger than the shrimp. Cut salmon and zucchini into chunks approximately the same size as the scallops.
- Place all the vegetables and seafood onto 4 skewers, alternating their order.
- Bring a grill or grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add skewers and cook until seafood begins to turn opaque on top, about 5 minutes.
- Flip skewers and cook until all seafood is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drizzle or brush sauce over skewers immediately after removing them from heat.