Sausage and Egg JeffMuffins
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking or jelly roll pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine the cream and eggs in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Whisk in some salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture onto the prepared pan and carefully place in the oven. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, and then sprinkle with the cheese and cook until the eggs are set but not browned, another 6 to 7 minutes. Cut into 12 equal squares. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet set over medium heat, add the sausage patties and press down until "smashed." Cook until slightly charred and no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the patties and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. To build the sandwiches, layer the bottom of each English muffin with a piece of egg and sausage and cover with the English muffin top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Individually wrap each sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, place in a resealable bag and freeze.
5. To reheat, remove the plastic from the sandwich, wrap in a paper towel and heat in a microwave until totally defrosted and hot, about 2 minutes!
To ensure the best results, this recipe has been altered and differs from what appears in the episode.