Shrimp and Artichoke Tagliatelle with Black Pepper and Pecorino
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the Shrimp and Artichokes
For the Pasta
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the shrimp with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the lemon juice and butter and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat. Add the artichokes and cook until seared and just browned, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Add the wine and cook until reduced slightly, 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and bring to a slow simmer. Cook until the artichokes are tender and the liquid is reduced by half. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium stockpot of salted water to a rolling boil. Boil the pasta until cooked, about 2 minutes (or according to package instructions). Remove the pasta from the water and toss directly into the artichoke pan along with 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
5. Cook and reduce the liquid, tossing the pasta, until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Remove from the heat and add the cheese and black pepper. Add the roasted shrimp and its juices, lemon zest, butter, lemon juice, parsley and salt to taste. Toss the pasta until the butter has emulsified. Plate and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian