Surf and Turf
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
For the surf and turf:
1. For the marinade, whisk the marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Stir in the sesame oil.
3. Using cocktail sticks pin the bottom of the meat to creating a round shape (quicker than to truss with a roasting string). If you have a nicely round cut you may not need to do this.
4. Place the meat in a freezer bag and pour the two thirds of marinade over it, gently rubbing the meat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Shake off the marinade juice from the meat and pat dry it gently. Rest it for 5 minutes to come to room temperature.
6. Heat a non-stick frying pan or flat griddle until hot and sear/seal it for 1½ minutes each side.
7. Place on a baking tray, drizzled with oil and roast for 5-8 minutes for medium-rare.
8. Remove, place on a board and cover with foil allowing to rest for 10 minutes. Keeping the juices in the pan.
9. Heat the butter over high heat in a large frying pan and sauté the garlic and ginger. Add the calamari and cook for 2 minutes until the legs curl up and cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Remove from heat and stir in the coriander and squeeze of a lemon.
11. Remove calamari to plate and cover to keep warm.
12. To make a sauce, into the calamari pan –add the meat juices. Add the remaining marinade and cook for 8 minutes.
13. Pour in the stock and simmer until slightly reduced.
14. Grate in 1 teaspoon more ginger and strain though a sieve to serving jug.
15. Carve the fillet and arrange on a board, put the calamari on the board, garnish with coriander, serve with the gravy alongside.
Other recipes with beef
Spicy Juicy Lucy-fer Sliders
Smokey apple cinnamon meatloaf
Cast Iron Fillet Steaks with Roasted Shallots
Tempura Octopus Hot Dog Bites
Chilli con Carne
Pasta with Beef Ragu and Braciole
Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs and green rice with lime
Slow cooker Moroccan brisket with red onions and apricot couscous
Scott's short ribs
Sumptuous Ostrich Stew
Oxtail and Watercress with Black Pudding Polenta
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Slow cooked Korean-style short rib soup
Chili con Carne
Pot Roast with Roasted Vegetables
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Santa To The Rescue
Host Raven-Symone challenges the five teams of cake and sugar artists to imagine what happens outside of the North Pole when Santa steps in to save the day.
Surprise Holiday Parade
Raven-Symone hosts as five teams of cake and sugar artists compete to impress judges Shinmin Li and Erin Acevedo in Santa's parade.
Chicken And Pie Party
Giada kickstarts the festive season with a pie party. On the menu is savoury butternut squash crostata, lemon-fried chicken and tiramisu ice box torta.
Giada gathers her friends for a cocktail party and gift exchange. On the menu is spinach and artichoke panini bites, warm citrus olives and delicious cocktails.
Giada's Turkey Day Feast
Giada shares her step-by-step approach for planning and executing the perfect Thanksgiving meal. On the menu is lemon and pea alfredo and kale salad.
Giada and her daughter host a Christmas party. They decorate sugar cookies, make sandwiches as well as double chocolate butter cookies and citrus slushies.
That's A Wrap! Party
Giada has friends and family round to enjoy delicious food and get into the festive spirit. Her buffet has antipasti skewers and Italian hot brown crostini.
The Night Before Christmas Party
Giada hosts an Italian Christmas Eve meal with a Californian twist. She makes red snapper puttanesca, crab and cherry fettuccine and mini lobster rolls.
Holiday Kick-Off Brunch
Giada De Laurentiis kicks off her holiday season with a bang. She makes a brunch of bacon and cranberry scones plus sweet potato and kale Spanish frittata.
Small Bites Pot-Luck Party
Giada hosts a party and asks her guests to bring their favourite holiday appetizers. Plus, she makes crispy chicken meatballs and cheese-stuffed peppers.
Family Christmas Dinner
Giada De Laurentiis pulls out all the stops for her Christmas meal. She makes a simple rib roast, blistered baby pepper salad and a panettone trifle.
Winter Wonderland Party
Giada De Laurentiis hosts a holiday party for children. After transforming the house into a winter wonderland, she makes delicious kid-friendly snacks.
Name That Holiday Tune Party
Giada De Laurentiis throws a costume party. On her festive menu is chicken piccata skewers, slow-roasted mustard-coated salmon and Cosmo punch.
Short Days And Long Nights
Valerie Bertinelli heats up the shortest day of the year with a good meal. Dishes include turkey sausages, fried chickpeas, and lemon shortbread.
I'm Outta Here
Valerie is going on a trip, so is preparing food for Tom while she’s away. She makes a farro, roasted beet and goat’s cheese salad and a beef bourguignon.
4th Down And Yum
Valerie hosts an American football-themed party with former NFL pro Eddie Jackson. The menu includes slow cooker sloppy joe sliders and roasted carrot hummus.
Valerie To The Rescue
After a friend of Valerie’s injures himself, she brings him a care-package including citrus marinated olives and manicotti stuffed with ricotta and sausage.
Brother Vs. Brother
Tom and his brother Dave are competing over their home brewed beer, so Valerie makes a beer themed menu including slow cooker pulled pork with fried shallots.
The Weather Outside
Valerie Bertinelli and her husband enjoy good food for bad weather. Dishes include shrimp scampi, pull-apart garlic bread, and hot chai with spiced rum.