Simple Spanish tortilla
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
2) Heat the olive oil in a 25cm skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and add the potato slices a few at a time so they don't stick together. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the onions are golden but not brown, about 10 minutes. Place a strainer over a bowl in your sink and transfer the potatoes and onions to drain; reserve the oil.
3) Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Drain excess oil off of the potato mixture. Add the potatoes and onions to the egg mixture and combine until they are completely mixed in. Set the bowl aside for about 15 minutes to let the potatoes release some of their starches into the eggs.
4) Heat 3 tbsps of the reserved olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high for 1 minute. Add the egg-potato mixture, rotating the skillet in a circular motion to distribute it evenly. Lower the heat to medium-low and shake the pan a few times to prevent sticking (by shaking the pan, you ensure that the eggs and potatoes release from the pan bottom). Cook the tortilla for about 5 minutes or until the potatoes on the bottom start to turn golden brown.
5) Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until almost set. Remove from the oven and place a large flat plate on top of the skillet and invert the skillet. The tortilla should come right out. Add a tbsp of the reserved olive oil to the skillet and slide the tortilla back in to cook the other side until it is golden-brown, about 5 minutes.
6) Turn the heat off and set the skillet aside until the tortilla cools to room temperature. Transfer the tortilla to a plate sprinkle with parsley and serve at room temperature cut into triangles or squares.
*Cook's Note: The potatoes should be sliced using a mandolin.
Tostones (Green Plantain Chips)
Deez Ain’t Gator Bites
Vegan Rainbow Carrot Cake
Vegan Mac N "Cheeze"
Vegan Almond Macaroons
Horensou no Goma-ae and Goma-ae Hosomaki
Vegan Hearts of Palm “Ceviche”
Vegan Potato Bisque
Vegan Dumplings in Creamy Tomato Curry
Chimichurri Cauliflower Steaks with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Chickpea Pan Bagnat
Slow cooked blade steak with beef & oyster sauce, carrots and turnip
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Broccoli and French Beans
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Buddy Vs. Christmas
Baking legend Buddy Valastro has taken on every cake challenge imaginable. Now, to mark the festive season, he takes on America’s greatest non-baking artists in a series of delicious Christmas-themed challenges.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Santa To The Rescue
Host Raven-Symone challenges the five teams of cake and sugar artists to imagine what happens outside of the North Pole when Santa steps in to save the day.
Surprise Holiday Parade
Raven-Symone hosts as five teams of cake and sugar artists compete to impress judges Shinmin Li and Erin Acevedo in Santa's parade.
Chicken And Pie Party
Giada kickstarts the festive season with a pie party. On the menu is savoury butternut squash crostata, lemon-fried chicken and tiramisu ice box torta.
Giada gathers her friends for a cocktail party and gift exchange. On the menu is spinach and artichoke panini bites, warm citrus olives and delicious cocktails.
Giada's Turkey Day Feast
Giada shares her step-by-step approach for planning and executing the perfect Thanksgiving meal. On the menu is lemon and pea alfredo and kale salad.
Giada and her daughter host a Christmas party. They decorate sugar cookies, make sandwiches as well as double chocolate butter cookies and citrus slushies.
That's A Wrap! Party
Giada has friends and family round to enjoy delicious food and get into the festive spirit. Her buffet has antipasti skewers and Italian hot brown crostini.
The Night Before Christmas Party
Giada hosts an Italian Christmas Eve meal with a Californian twist. She makes red snapper puttanesca, crab and cherry fettuccine and mini lobster rolls.
Holiday Kick-Off Brunch
Giada De Laurentiis kicks off her holiday season with a bang. She makes a brunch of bacon and cranberry scones plus sweet potato and kale Spanish frittata.
Small Bites Pot-Luck Party
Giada hosts a party and asks her guests to bring their favourite holiday appetizers. Plus, she makes crispy chicken meatballs and cheese-stuffed peppers.
Family Christmas Dinner
Giada De Laurentiis pulls out all the stops for her Christmas meal. She makes a simple rib roast, blistered baby pepper salad and a panettone trifle.
Winter Wonderland Party
Giada De Laurentiis hosts a holiday party for children. After transforming the house into a winter wonderland, she makes delicious kid-friendly snacks.
Name That Holiday Tune Party
Giada De Laurentiis throws a costume party. On her festive menu is chicken piccata skewers, slow-roasted mustard-coated salmon and Cosmo punch.
Short Days And Long Nights
Valerie Bertinelli heats up the shortest day of the year with a good meal. Dishes include turkey sausages, fried chickpeas, and lemon shortbread.
I'm Outta Here
Valerie is going on a trip, so is preparing food for Tom while she’s away. She makes a farro, roasted beet and goat’s cheese salad and a beef bourguignon.
4th Down And Yum
Valerie hosts an American football-themed party with former NFL pro Eddie Jackson. The menu includes slow cooker sloppy joe sliders and roasted carrot hummus.
Valerie To The Rescue
After a friend of Valerie’s injures himself, she brings him a care-package including citrus marinated olives and manicotti stuffed with ricotta and sausage.
Brother Vs. Brother
Tom and his brother Dave are competing over their home brewed beer, so Valerie makes a beer themed menu including slow cooker pulled pork with fried shallots.
The Weather Outside
Valerie Bertinelli and her husband enjoy good food for bad weather. Dishes include shrimp scampi, pull-apart garlic bread, and hot chai with spiced rum.