Sinful forbidden dancing
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time105 mins
For the Cuban coffee flan
For the butter cookie crust
For the chocolate decadence
For the garnishes
For the chocolate ganache
For the whipped cream
For the macadamia and walnut pralines
1) Line a sheet tray with greaseproof paper. In a mixer bowl combine the cake mix and butter together on high for 1 minute. Pour into the sheet tray, and bake according to box directions.
2) Place in the refrigerator to cool down. When cool, cut 100 (5cm) rounds.
For the chocolate ganache:
1) In a mixing bowl combine the chocolate and double cream until it is of ribbon consistency. Place in a pastry bag reading for piping.
For the Cuban coffee flan:
1) Place the sugar in large frying pan on a medium-high heat, stirring for 8 minutes until the caramel is dark. Incorporate all the other ingredients in a mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve, then place in the pan with the caramel. Cover the pan with aluminium foil and place in a water bath on a medium heat for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
2) Place in the refrigerator to cool down for about 1 1/2 hours. Scoop out 30g portions for serving.
For the chocolate decadence:
1) Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas 2. Coat a 5cm deep pan with nonstick spray.
2) Beat the icing sugar and cream cheese in a mixer for 3 minutes until whipped and creamy. Add the eggs and melted butter and whip for another minute.
3) Add the melted chocolate and vanilla essence and mix for another minute. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
4) Place in the refrigerator to cool down. Place in a pastry bag reading for piping.
For the macadamia and walnut pralines:
1) Place the sugars in a large frying pan on a high heat, and cook on high for approximately 6 minutes until golden brown. Add the butter, banana liqueur and brandy. Add the double cream, macadamia nuts and walnuts and reduce for about 4 minutes or until a dark brown caramel colour has formed.
2) Continue stirring, watching constantly. Place on a sheet pan lined with greaseproof paper to cool.
For the whipped cream:
1) Put the double cream in a cold stainless steel mixing bowl and mix until soft peaks form. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and mix on high for 1 minute until stiff peaks form. Place in a piping bag ready for piping.
1) Place the butter biscuit bases on a serving tray. Pipe ganache on the bottom layer, followed by a 30g scoop of flan. Pipe 30g of chocolate decadence onto the flan. Add a 30g scoop of praline, top with whipped cream and garnish each with half a raspberry and an edible orchid leaf.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.