Slow Cooker Pepper Pork Chops
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time380 mins
2) Place the pork chops into a 7 1/2L zip-top bag along with the mixture and seal. Place in a plastic container and refrigerate overnight.
3) Remove the chops from the brine, rinse and pat dry. Season on both sides with salt and set aside. Place the apples in the slow cooker.
4) Heat 1 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 30cm stainless steel frying pan over a medium-high heat. Saute the pork chops on both sides until golden brown, approximately 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Once browned, place the pork chops into the slow cooker on top of the apples.
5) Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan followed by the onions, and saute until they begin to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chicken stock to the pan to deglaze. Add the black pepper and thyme and stir to combine. Transfer this to the slow cooker, set to high, cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
6) Decrease the heat to low and continue cooking for another 4 1/2 hours or until the pork is tender and falling away from the bone.