Slow Roast Shoulder of Pork with Scrumpy and Apple Sauce
- Preparation Time35 mins
- Cooking Time230 mins
For the slow roast shoulder of pork:
For the cabbage:
For the carrots:
For the apple sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Score the skin of the pork with a sharp knife into diamonds and rub the surface with olive oil and the sea salt.
3. Place in a deep sided roasting tray, sprinkle with sea salt and place in the oven for at least 3 1/2 hours until very tender and golden brown.
4. Remove from the oven and rest for 30 minutes.
5. Place the apples, butter and cider into a saucepan, cover and place over the heat.
6. Cook until the apples have broken down – about 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix with a spoon then season with the sugar and a little salt.
8. To make the cabbage, heat a sauté pan until hot and add the remaining butter, hispie cabbage and the water and cook the cabbage until just tender.
9. To cook the carrots place all off the ingredients into a pan, just cover in water and boil rapidly for 15 to 20 minutes, until syrupy.
10. For the broccoli, plunge into boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
11. Place all of the vegetables onto a large platter, top with the pork and spoon the apple sauce into a serving dish.