Sopito with red snapper ceviche
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
For the ceviche
For the sopitos
For the assembling
1) Combine the red snapper and lime juice in a bowl and macerate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2) Drain the juice and put the red snapper in a bowl. Add the tomato, onion, coriander, olive oil, chilli and season with salt and pepper.
To make the sopitos:
1) Combine the masa harina, water and salt in a bowl and mix well to form a dough. Set aside to rest for at least 20 minutes.
2) Form the dough into small, shallow flat-bottomed cups, each one about 10cm in diameter and 12mm tall.
3) Heat about 8cm of corn oil in a deep fryer and fry the sopito disks until golden. Keep warm.
1) Fill the sopitos with the ceviche mixture. Garnish the top of each sopito with julienne radish and coriander. Garnish the plate with radish halves seasoned with salt and olive oil.