Spanish-influenced chilli with collard-wrapped pork, chorizo and sweet and smoky paprikas
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time180 mins
2) Douse the pork with olive oil to coat then add the Spanish paprika, 1 tbsp of the pimenton paprika, the liquid smoke, and salt and pepper. Place the pork in a mound over the collards then pull the leaves over the top of the pork and wrap the package securely.
3) Place the package on a sheet pan and put into the oven. Bake for 2 1/2 hours then remove from oven and open the package to allow steam to escape and reserve.
4) Heat more oil and the butter in a medium ovenproof skillet over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute then add the chorizo and onion. Cook until softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
5) Add the piquillo peppers, sweet paprika, remaining 1 tbsp of smoky paprika, the saffron and oregano, and cook for 1 minute. Then add the green chillies, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
6) Add the thyme and beans and cook 5 more minutes. Add the cooked pork with the broth from the foil pack and cook 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley. Serve with grated cheese.