Sparkling baby cakes
These girly cupcakes are perfect for little princesses.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the cupcakes
For the icing
2) Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the butter and then the vanilla.
3) While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients, then add all the milk, and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Take care not to over mix the batter.
4) Divide the batter evenly in the prepared tins (about 2 tsp batter per paper case.)
5) Bake until a tester inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on a rack in the tin.
For the icing:
1) Whisk together the icing sugar and Prosecco until smooth and the sugar dissolves. (If cupcakes are not yet cool enough to ice, lay cling film directly on top of the icing to prevent it from drying out, and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.)
2) Dip the tops of each baby cake in the Prosecco glaze, sprinkle with sugar or top with tiny candies and return to the rack to set, about 25 minutes.
Cook's Note: This is a great way to use up leftover bubbly – this recipe works just as well with flat Prosecco. For a full wine flavour, prick the mini cupcakes with toothpicks when they are cooling; then drizzle with some Prosecco before icing with the glaze.