Spiced Quinoa with Almonds and Feta
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Bring 400ml of water to boil in a pot. Once the water has come to the boil, add the vegetable stock and stir. Turn the heat off and set aside till needed.
2. In a large frying pan, heat some olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the quinoa and spice blend to the pan stirring quickly coating all the quinoa in the spice blend. Fry until you can hear the quinoa gently popping.
3. Stir the 400ml of stock into the quinoa, bring to the boil, then gently simmer until the stock has evaporated and the quinoa grains have a white halo around them.
4. Take the pot off the heat and stir through the crumbled feta cheese, flaked almonds and zest seasoning.
5. Serve with the optional parsley and fruit scattered on top if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com