Spicy duck patties
For the pastry
For the filling
1) Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Using a knife, cut the butter into the flour until evenly blended. Then lightly rub the fat into the flour using your fingertips. When the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, sprinkle with a little water.
2) Using a knife bind the ingredients together, then finish with your hands to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes before using.
3) Remove the dough from the fridge, and when at room temperature, roll out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 0.25cm. Cut 2 circles of pastry about 10cm in diameter for the patties.
For the filling:
1) Pre-heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Mix all the ingredients (except the beaten egg and salad) together and season with sea salt and black pepper.
2) Divide the filling between each circle; brush the outside edges with beaten egg and fold over to form a semicircle.
3) Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush with remaining egg and place on a baking tray.
4) Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.