Spicy tuna roll
- Preparation Time45 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
2) Transfer the rice to a heavy medium saucepan. Add 300ml fresh cold water and the kelp to the pan. Cover and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
3) Uncover, discard the kelp and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is just tender, about 15 minutes.
4) Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Transfer the sushi rice to large glass bowl.
5) Combine the vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Drizzle the mixture over the sushi rice.
6) Gently toss the rice with vinegar mixture to coat. Cover the rice with a clean damp towel and cool completely at room temperature (do not refrigerate).
7) Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, chipotle, honey and oil; season with salt and pepper.
8) Place a sushi mat on the work surface with the slats running crosswise. Arrange 1 sheet of nori, shiny side down, on the mat, lining up a long edge of the sheet with the edge of the mat nearest you.
9) Using damp fingers, gently press 1/4 of the rice onto the nori in 1 layer, leaving a 4cm border on the side farthest from you. Sprinkle the rice with sesame seeds.
10) Flip the nori and rice over so that the nori is now the top layer. Make a thin line of cucumber along the nori 2cm to 4cm from the edge closest to you. Drizzle some of the spicy mayonnaise mixture over the cucumbers, then spoon on the tuna and sprinkle with coriander and spring onions.
11) Roll tightly, using the sushi mat to guide you. Slice into pieces about 5cm inches thick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a total of 4 rolls.
Other recipes with rice
30-Minute Pan-Seared Salmon with Baby Bok Choy and Shiitake Mushrooms
15-Minute Asian Rice Salad
Chicken Summer Rolls
Egg-and-Kimchi Rice Bowls
Bacon and Broccoli Rice Bowl
Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Warm Lamb and Rice Salad
Biggest and Best Bibimbap
Spicy Red Curry Chicken and Rice
Easy Lobster Paella
Rice Bowl with Veggie Flowers and Hoisin
Parmigiano Reggiano, Pumpkin and Porcini Risotto
Prawn sushi rolls
Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs and green rice with lime
Sesame red curry chicken with bok choy and sweet coconut rice
Slow-Cooker Coconut Rice Pudding
Lentil and rice salad
Parma Ham, Avocado and Cucumber Sushi Bites
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.