Spinach gnocchi pancetta beurre-noisette with chanterelles, sage, capers and Parmesan
Spinach gnocchi pancetta beurre-noisette with chanterelles, sage, capers, cheese
- Preparation Time60 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
2) Blanch spinach and then puree it with a little bit of water. Pour the puree on top of the riced potatoes. Add the flour on top and carefully knead the mixture until a soft ball is achieved. Allow the dough to rest for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 12 equal portions and roll into the shape of a rope, approximately 1cm in diameter.
3) Cut the rolled pasta into 1cm dumplings. Blanch the gnocchi in boiling salted water and then immediately shock the pasta in an ice water bath.
4) Render and crisp the pancetta in a large, deep saute pan. Separate the meat and the fat and reserve both (save the fat for use in the turkey recipe). When pancetta has cooled, dice it.
5) Wipe pan clean and then add three quarters of the butter. Melt butter over medium-high heat and continue cooking until the butter separates and begins to brown in tiny specks. Add lemon juice then reduced chicken stock, diced Roma tomatoes, diced leeks, capers and chopped sage. Keep warm.
6) Saute the Chanterelle mushrooms in the remaining butter. When mushrooms are tender, deglaze the pan with brandy.
7) Before serving, reheat the gnocchi in the warm sauce.
Toss gnocchi and sauce with mushrooms, diced pancetta and Parmesan and serve.