Strawberry, Almond and Coconut Slices
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
For the base
For the filling
For the topping
For the base:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the softened butter and flour into a bowl and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the, sugar, baking powder and desiccated coconut and mix to combine.
4. Add a splash of cold water to bring the mixture together and gather into a dough.
5. Remove from the bowl and press into a base of a 20 x 30cm slice tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool.
For the filling:
1. Spread the jam over the cooled base and top with the sliced berries.
For the topping:
1. In a food mixer whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy – approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add the oats, flaked almonds and coconut to the egg and sugar mix and fold to combine, pour over base and filling.
3. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the top is golden. Set aside to cool in the tin.
4. To serve, remove from the tin cut into squares.