Strawberry tiramisu cones
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time35 mins
1) In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 225g of chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth. Dip the top of each cone into the chocolate so there is a 2.5cm rim, then roll in the crushed or ground espresso. Place the dipped cones on a wax paper-lined plate and refrigerate. When firm, about 20 minutes, remove from the refrigerator and set cones, dipped side up, inside small glasses so they stand upright. Spoon the remaining melted chocolate evenly into the sugar cones and return (glass and all) to the refrigerator.
2) Meanwhile, hull and quarter 450g of strawberries and puree them in a food processor with 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, 5 tablespoons of the sugar and a pinch of salt. Strain the puree through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook until reduced by half, about 35 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into a small bowl and chill the puree until cold.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cream and mascarpone to stiff peaks and then fold in the puree in 2 batches. Refrigerate until firm and set, 1 to 2 hours.
4) Just before serving, hull the remaining 1 pint of strawberries and cut them lengthwise into 0.5cm slices. Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
5) To assemble: Spoon strawberries into the cones until they are 1/4 full. Top that with approximately 1/4 cup of the mascarpone mixture, using an ice cream scoop that has been dipped in warm water. Garnish with shaved bittersweet chocolate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other recipes with chocolate
Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Cream-Filled Devil's Food Cupcakes
Quick White Chocolate Eton Mess in a Kilner Jar
Chocolate Cheesecake Candy Cane Bars
John Whaite's Cranberry, Chocolate and Pecan Biscotti
White Chocolate Buche De Noel
Chocolate and Orange Christmas Cake
Lyle's® Choc-Chestnut Pots
Red Hot Santa Tini
White Chocolate Egg Nog
S'mores Delight - Christmas Special
Christmas Cookie Cocktail
Cinnamon and Vanilla Pod Hot Chocolate
Eight-Flavor Sheet Pan Brownie-Cookie Bars
Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
Shaken, Not Stirred
Adam goes to Milwaukee to unearth some cheesy secrets in Brew City. Then, he slips into a spy-themed bar to try out their off-menu 'Spyburger'.
Harbor Hideaway and Lobster Garage
In Boston, Adam uncovers authentic Australian pies in an artful shipyard, an adults only secret steakhouse, and a lobster eatery in a garage.
Ree Drummond whips up four dishes that can't go wrong. First up, she makes chocolate sheet cake with vanilla bean frosting then delicious stuffed peppers.
County Clare And The Burren
John visits the Burren where he learns the art of making pork confit. Plus, he makes chocolate at a remote factory and cooks lobster by the Flaggy Shore.
Quick and Easy Breakfasts
Ree Drummond starts her day with quick and easy breakfasts like all-in-one mini bagel breakfast sandwiches and stacks of double chocolate chip pancakes.
New Weeknight Favorites
Ree Drummond dishes up new favourites to spice up weeknights. She puts a twist on cheeseburger sliders and makes an impressive easy tomato pie.
Grandma Knows Best
Ree Drummond celebrates the food she remembers from her grandma's house, making retro Salisbury steak, skillet scalloped potatoes, and irresistible green beans.
Dinner for Your Sweetie
Ree Drummond shares her ideas for a romantic meal for someone special. She teams herb-crusted chicken cutlets with cheesy mushroom and black pepper pasta.
Behind the Bookcase
In Austin, Adam finds a trendy hidden lounge nestled behind a bookcase in a hostel, a kitchen sink burger, and a decadent French toast breakfast sandwich.
Easy and Elegant
Ree Drummond cooks up simple and refined dishes. She makes crab cakes and 5-ingredient remoulade and peppercorn-crusted steak with pimento creamed spinach.
Kinsale And Dingle
In Cork’s Kinsale, John and Martin Shanahan make the ultimate soup from freshly caught fish, then John tastes the oldest alcoholic drink in the world.
Ree Drummond refreshes some of her favourite dishes. She makes delicious skirt steak and sweet potato fries and rustles up a Tex-Mex chicken pot pie.
Game Day Eats
Ree Drummond scores big with easy game day eats! The sumptuous menu includes pizza dip with garlic toast, hamburger potato skins and portable cookie sundaes.
Ree Drummond serves up four ranch-approved dishes that won't break the bank. They include Italian chicken meatballs and a tortilla breakfast bake.
Ree Drummond celebrates vegetable dishes sure to get rave reviews! Tomato cobbler, veggie-packed baked pasta and simple curry pumpkin soup are on the menu.
Wexford to Cork
In Cork, John goes to the legendary Ballymaloe Cookery School where he makes soda bread with the matriarch of modern Irish food, Darina Allen.
Winner's World Cup
Guy Fieri invites three chefs with previous wins to shop in Flavortown Market's brand-new international section, where all the labels are in different languages!
Guy Fieri welcomes four mothers to Flavortown Market to prove their culinary chops. To earn shopping money they must answer kids' homework questions!
Night on the Flavortown
Guy Fieri invites four new all-star chefs to Flavortown Market and gives them one hour to make a fancy three-course dinner using a mystery ingredient.