Stuffed and Rolled Pork with Crispy Polenta
For the Polenta
1. Open the meat out, fat side down and sprinkle generously with the sea salt. Add lots of black pepper, leave for ten minutes to penetrate and rub in the garlic, herbs, chilli and lemon zest.
2. Now roll the meat into a log and tie all the way down with string. Place into a hot baking tray and seal off all over to colour, in some olive oil. Cook in a pre-heated oven at 150°C for three hours.
3. Ten minutes before it’s due to come out, brush with the honey to glaze. Remove it from the oven; allow it to rest and slice. For the polenta, mix the instant polenta in boiling stock.
4. Whisk in a handful of Parmesan, butter, a generous pinch of salt and a heaped tablespoon of mascarpone cheese.
5. Pour into a shallow tray and refrigerate until firm. When set, tear off chunks, dip into milk then roll in dry polenta to coat.
6. Fry in a pan in about an inch of oil with some rosemary sticks. Colour on both sides and serve with the crisp rosemary.