Sweet potato cream cheese brownie pie
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time70 mins
For the brownie crust
For the cream cheese layer
For the sweet potato meringue
For the caramel sauce
For the chocolate ganache
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Grease/spray a 23cm springform pan.
2) Melt butter with chopped chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove melted chocolate from heat and cool for about 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and egg until blended.
3) Then in a small bowl, sift plain flour, baking powder and salt. Add plain flour mixture to the chocolate. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into the springform pan and spread it until it covers the pan evenly.
4) Bake for 10 minutes.
For the cream cheese layer:
1) Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy, gradually adding the sugar. Add the egg and continue to mix until well blended.
2) Next, mix in sour cream, double cream, plain flour, and maple. Pour cheese mixture over brownie crust in springform pan.
3) Bake at 160 degrees C for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the sweet potato meringue:
1) Start preparing this layer about 15 minutes before the cream cheese layer's baking time is over.
2) Using a mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add icing sugar and whip a few seconds more. Turn off mixer.
3) Using a fork, blend cinnamon and nutmeg with cooked sweet potato, making sure that spices are well incorporated into the sweet potato. Then, carefully fold sweet potato mixture into the egg whites.
4) Pull pie out of oven and top with sweet potato meringue. Return pie to oven for 10 more minutes or until meringue has set. Remove from oven and cool completely. While cooling, prepare caramel sauce and chocolate ganache.
For the caramel sauce:
1) Unwrap caramels.
2) In a double boiler or bain-marie, melt the caramels in the evaporated milk, stirring constantly until the sauce is smooth and pourable.
For the chocolate ganache:
1) Melt chocolate and double cream together in the top of a double boiler/bain-marie. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth.
2) When both sauces are done, decorate pie in the pattern or style of your choice. sprinkle with chopped pecans. May serve with whipped cream.
Other recipes with cheese
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter, Fresh Lime and Cotija Cheese
Big Triple Cheese Burgers on Buttery Brioche
30 Minute Shepherd's Pie
Smoked Gouda and Leek Tart
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese and Asparagus Tart
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Lamb Chops with Mint-Walnut Pesto
Lyle's® Easter Egg Cake Pops
Wild Alaska Salmon with Sun-dried Tomato
Welsh Wine, Goat's Cheese, Leek and Parma Ham Tart
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Pork chops stuffed with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
Quinoa Salad with Apricots, Basil and Pistachios
Prosciutto-Wrapped Grilled Brie with Pineapple
Kale and Farro Salad with Aged Goat Cheese
Chocolate Guinness Cake
Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Irish Grilled Cheese
Easy Key Lime Ice Cream Meringue Cheesecake
Other recipes with chocolate
Eight-Flavor Sheet Pan Brownie-Cookie Bars
Rainbow Unicorn Brownies
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
Chocolate Chunk Blondies
Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies with Maldon Sea Salt
Chocolate Salted Caramel Marble Cake
Chocolate Raspberry Biscuit Cake
Super-Chocolate Sundae Cake Bar
Waffled Chocolate Chip Cookies
Butterscotch Bird Nests
Lemon Macaroon Chicks
Little Lamb Pull-Apart Cupcakes
Stout and Pecan Pie
Chocolate Stout Bundt Cake
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
The Hairy Bikers' Chicken & Egg
The Hairy Bikers hunt for the world’s greatest chicken and egg recipes.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Girl Meets Farm
Cookbook author and food blogger, Molly Yeh, makes delicious dishes inspired by her Jewish and Chinese heritage in her farmhouse kitchen in the Midwest.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.