- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
1. Mix the yeast with 1 1/2 cups warm water and set aside for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix together the flour, olive oil and salt in a bowl using an electric mixer. With the speed on low, drizzle in the yeast/water mixture and mix until totally combined. Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm, draft-free place. Allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Pour the black beans into a saucepan. Add the taco seasoning and heat up the beans over medium-low heat. Use a potato masher to mash the beans to the desired texture. Continue cooking/heating over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are no longer runny (they should be the texture of refried beans). Set aside.
3. In a small skillet, heat the rapeseed oil over medium heat. When hot enough to fry, drop in the tortilla strips in batches, frying them quickly and removing them from the oil with a fork when crisp--30 to 45 seconds per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
4. Position an oven rack in the bottom position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 260°C. Oil a baking sheet with some olive oil.
5. Remove half of the pizza dough from the bowl. (Place the remaining half in a large plastic bag and refrigerate, saving it for another use.) With your hands, spread the dough out on the oiled baking sheet, making sure it's relatively thin. Spread a layer of refried beans all over the pizza crust. Sprinkle the grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack over the top. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, watching to make sure the crust doesn't burn. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle on the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and coriander leaves.
6. Mix together the sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl, adding enough hot sauce to make the mixture pourable. With a spoon (or you can put it in a pastry bag), drizzle the mixture over the finished pizza.
7. Sprinkle with the tortilla strips. Cut into squares and serve immediately with good-quality salsa.
8. If using leftover homemade black beans, reheat in 1/2 tablespoon melted butter.
Other recipes with bean
Broccoli and French Beans
Summer Butter Bean Salad with Hot Sauce Vinaigrette
Bean-Kale Burgers with Sweet Potato Wedges
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Winter Vegetable Soup
Easter Bunny Cake
White Bean and Chicken Chili
Peppered Tuna with Nicoise Salad
Black Bean Scallops with Samphire and Rice Noodles
Chilli con Carne
Minestrone Soup with Beans
Slow-cooker Bean and Barley Soup
Black Bean Soup with Mojo
Slow Cooker Chicken Chilli
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Christmas Cookie Challenge
Bakers compete to make awesome holiday cookies in hopes of winning $10,000.
Incredibly talented cake artists and designers go above and beyond to design wildly imaginative, mind-blowing cakes for every event and occasion.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.