- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
1. Mix the yeast with 1 1/2 cups warm water and set aside for 8 to 10 minutes. Mix together the flour, olive oil and salt in a bowl using an electric mixer. With the speed on low, drizzle in the yeast/water mixture and mix until totally combined. Cover the bowl with a towel and set in a warm, draft-free place. Allow to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
2. Pour the black beans into a saucepan. Add the taco seasoning and heat up the beans over medium-low heat. Use a potato masher to mash the beans to the desired texture. Continue cooking/heating over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are no longer runny (they should be the texture of refried beans). Set aside.
3. In a small skillet, heat the rapeseed oil over medium heat. When hot enough to fry, drop in the tortilla strips in batches, frying them quickly and removing them from the oil with a fork when crisp--30 to 45 seconds per batch. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
4. Position an oven rack in the bottom position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 260°C. Oil a baking sheet with some olive oil.
5. Remove half of the pizza dough from the bowl. (Place the remaining half in a large plastic bag and refrigerate, saving it for another use.) With your hands, spread the dough out on the oiled baking sheet, making sure it's relatively thin. Spread a layer of refried beans all over the pizza crust. Sprinkle the grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack over the top. Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, watching to make sure the crust doesn't burn. Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle on the shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and coriander leaves.
6. Mix together the sour cream and hot sauce in a small bowl, adding enough hot sauce to make the mixture pourable. With a spoon (or you can put it in a pastry bag), drizzle the mixture over the finished pizza.
7. Sprinkle with the tortilla strips. Cut into squares and serve immediately with good-quality salsa.
8. If using leftover homemade black beans, reheat in 1/2 tablespoon melted butter.
Other recipes with bean
Black Bean Scallops with Samphire and Rice Noodles
Sous Vide Cod with Chilli, Garlic and Coriander Butter with Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Ragu
Sesame Balls with Red Bean Paste and Bananas
Stuffed Crown of Lamb with Winter Green Beans
Chicken Salad with Bacon-Wrapped Greens
Green Bean Rolls with Cheesy Mustard Dip
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Bake Off: The Professionals
Teams of professional pastry chefs across Britain compete in a spectacular bake-off. They create exquisite desserts and showpieces in a bid to impress world-renowned judges and be crowned the winner.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Jamie's Great Britain
Jamie Oliver explores the history of British food and how British cuisine has been influenced by centuries of invasion, exploration, and immigration. He samples modern and traditional dishes and cooks up delicious meals inspired by his trip.
John Torode's Asia
Chef John Torode embarks on a spectacular journey around Asia. He tastes mouth-watering flavours and dishes and meets brilliant culinary teachers that inspire him to create new dishes of his own.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
Community Hub In Chaos
Robert visits Park Vue Soul Food Bar and Restaurant in Buffalo, where an inexperienced mother-daughter team is desperately trying to serve their community.
Ainsley revives some old-fashioned recipes, including minced beef, potato and onion pie. Vic Hope is in the kitchen with an update for the classic 70s starter, prawn cocktail.
Home Sweet Home: Easy Eats
Ree takes it easy with a range of simple dishes, starting with creamy lemon chicken and sweet potato and mushroom carbonara.
Bogged Down In Buffalo
Robert steps in to help a single dad save his family's legacy restaurant in Buffalo. It’s rundown, filthy and losing money and Robert has 48 hours to save it.
How Mum Used to Make
Ainsley shares some favourite maternal recipes, including his mother’s brown chicken stew. Plus, Aldo Zilli cooks his family lasagne recipe and Juliet Sear makes her mum’s quiche.
Home: 4 Ways With Beef
Ree beefs things up with four recipes featuring meat. She makes a mashup of steak with creamed greens pasta and uses ground beef in taco tomatoes.
Nancy Foots The Bill
In Geneva, NY, Robert helps save family-owned Cosentino's Ristorante. The owners’ marriage suffers with the workload and their son serves unappetising food.
Ainsley shares some favourite recipes, including spicy seafood linguine. Alison Hammond and Aldo Zilli are also in the kitchen cooking lamb couscous and Italian-style calamari.
Home: Pizza The Action
Ree is on the ranch cooking up creative new pizzas. She shakes things up with a butternut squash crust pizza and thinks sweet with a brownie pizza.
Baby's First Bash
Ina makes a celebratory meal for the arrival of her friend’s new son. She makes truffle popcorn, spicy turkey meatballs and then they eat s’mores by the firepit.
Miguel While You Were Out
Ina cooks for her friend, Miguel Flores-Vianaa. She makes panko-crusted salmon, warm French lentils, an all-American cheeseboard and chicken noodle soup.
Ina reveals all her bread-baking secrets. She makes honey white bread, gets creative with breadcrumbs and mussels and builds a tasty tuna and hummus sandwich.
Ina shares restaurant-inspired dishes and secrets from America’s best kitchens. On the menu are peas and prosciutto, lemon chicken and skillet brownies.
Ina is both a teacher and a student as she holds a cookery class. She teaches how to make banana cake and blueberry muffins. Then, she asks experts some questions!
Ina is inspired by local produce and embraces the incredible ingredients that she can find on her doorstep. She makes honey vanilla pound cake and corn and Brie salad.
BC Burger Joint
Ina makes burgers with a twist. She gives the sides a makeover with a buttermilk ranch dressing on bibb lettuce and sweet potato chips.
Ina is demystifying French classics including mussel bisque, apricot butter and apple tarts. Plus, she offers useful tips for cooking French cuisine.
Dare To Be Different
Ina adapts classic dishes by adding new flavours and altering the cooking method. She makes an easy Parmesan risotto and deconstructed strawberry shortcakes.
Jeffrey's Birthday Pop-up
Ina throws Jeffrey a surprise birthday party. On the menu for the celebration is a Greek platter, spinach pie and a delicious raspberry and orange trifle.