Tandoori Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Grilled cauliflower helps bulk up these rice bowls, stretching 2 chicken breasts to feed 4 people.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time35 mins
1. Sandwich the chicken breasts between two pieces of cling film and pound them out until just under 1/2-inch thick all over. Whisk together 1 cup of the yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of the curry powder, 1 teaspoon of the grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of the grated garlic and 2 teaspoons salt in a medium bowl. Transfer half of the yoghurt marinade to another medium bowl. Cut 5 diagonal shallow slits on both sides of each chicken breast and place them in one of the bowls. Place the cauliflower florets in the other bowl. Toss both to coat, and then marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the rice, the remaining 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon garlic, and stir until fragrant and the rice is yellow, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and stir for about 30 seconds. Add 2 3/4 cups water, the lemon zest strips and 1 tablespoon salt. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Give the rice a quick stir to scrape up any bits stuck on the bottom. Cover and cook until the rice is tender and absorbs the liquid, 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, then fluff the rice with a fork and cover again for 5 minutes. Then remove and discard the lemon zest.
3. Mix together 1 tablespoon of the coriander, the cucumber, the remaining 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
4. Preheat a broiler with a rack set 4 inches from the heating element. Line two small baking sheets or skillets with foil. Place the chicken on one baking sheet and the cauliflower on the other. Broil until the chicken is charred in spots, firm and has no visible pinkness inside, and the cauliflower is charred and tender, 10 to 12 minutes, flipping the chicken and tossing the cauliflower halfway through. Slice the chicken breasts and sprinkle lightly with salt.
5. Divide the rice among four bowls. Top each with some chicken, cauliflower, cucumber-yogurt sauce, lemon wedges and the remaining chopped coriander.
Copyright 2015 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.