Tarta tres leches
- Preparation Time85 mins
- Cooking Time70 mins
For the gold cake
For the pastry
For the creme
For the meringue
For the shortbread
For the three milks
For the garnish
1) Beat butter, add caster sugar, add eggs, vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes.
2) Combine plain flour, baking powder and salt. Add plain flour mixture and alternate with milk. Grease and flour cake tin. Line with baking paper. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
For the pastry:
1) Process the shortbread in a food processor, pulsing until ground. Add caster sugar, pulse more, add butter and pulse until it looks like wet sand and holds somewhat together.
2) Press into a glass pie dish and bake at 190C for 15 minutes. Set on stove to cool. brush lightly with beaten egg whites.
For the creme:
1) In a double boiler or bain marie, place 250ml of whole milk, the half-and-half, 160g sugar and cinnamon sticks. Let heat until boiling and turn down to medium-high heat.
2) Separate 6 eggs saving the whites in a separate bowl. Whisk the yolks, cornflour and the additional whole milk until well blended. Using a ladle, scoop out some of the hot milk mixture and temper the eggs whisking it carefully and adding it to the hot milk mixture. Take care to continuously stir with a whisk or it will lump up.
3) When thickened pull off of heat source and add vanilla and butter. Cover and put in freezer to cool for 10 minutes.
For the meringue:
1) In a saucepan, boil the golden syrup, salt and sugar.
2) Meanwhile, whisk egg whites in a stand mixer until firm peaks form.
3) Take melted sugars off the stove and in a steady stream, add to the whisking egg whites. Keep whisking until glossy. Cover with a towel.
For the shortbread:
1) Cream butter, add sugars, blend and add vanilla. Add plain flour and cornflour carefully by hand. Set aside and chill.
2) Roll out between 2 pieces of baking paper, set in a cake pan to bake, mark designs with a fork.
3) Bake in a preheated 160C oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.
For the three milks:
1) Combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, double cream and rum.
For the assembly:
1) Spread creme on the shortcrust. Add layer of gold cake. Poke holes with a fork and brush or spray cake layer with three milks mixture saving any that will not absorb into the cake layer.
2) Spread meringue over the top, being sure to seal down to the edge of the crust.
3) Garnish with maraschino cherries, 5 mint leaves and cake crumbs.
4) Plate pie with a cinnamon stick rolled in cinnamon on the side and porcelain bull filled with more milk. Drizzle with cajeta.
Other recipes with egg
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Devil's Food Cheesecake
Halloween Spice Cake
Surprise Batty Loaf Cake
Choux Pastry Buns with Coffee and Caramelised Almonds
New York-Style Chopped Salad
Italian Burger with Caramelised Onions
Summer aubergine lasagne
Chocolate stout and irish cream liqueur cupcakes
Spinach Pancakes and Corned Beef Hash
Cookies and Cream Fudge Brownies
Sausage burger with spicy onion rings and humous
Chocolate Fondants with Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Tenderstem Broccoli Omelette Sushi Roll
Parma Ham and Wild Mushroom Beef Wellington
Organic Figs with Goat's Cheese Cheesecake
Brandy-Soaked Christmas Cupcakes
Ginger Cake in a Jar
White Chocolate Mint Mousse
Gingerbread Souffle with Eggnog Custard
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
Teams of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers create Halloween-themed displays in an elimination battle for a big cash prize.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
Halloween Baking Championship
America’s top bakers battle it out to bake the spookiest, creepiest and most irresistible treats. The baker who impresses the most will take home $25,000.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Haunted Gingerbread Showdown
Nine of America’s best gingerbread artists craft spooky gingerbread creations for a chance to win the ultimate Halloween treat: a top prize of $25,000!
Michel Roux’s French Country Cooking
Michel Roux Jr showcases the unique cuisine of Southern France. He sources incredible local ingre-dients, samples delicious dishes and shares his favourite recipes that are simple and easy to make.
The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
For the Hairy Bikers, nothing beats delicious comfort food. Si and Dave share some of their favourite feel-good recipes and reveal the fascinating stories behind iconic dishes.
The Best Of Man V. Food
From visiting America's greatest pig-out spots to taking on the most legendary eating challenges, Adam Richman has sampled some incredible dishes. Relive some of his favourite mouth-watering moments.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Kids Baking Championship
A group of talented junior bakers compete in a series of very creative challenges to win the title of Kids Baking Champion and the $25,000 grand prize.
Man V. Food: Hall Of Fame
Food enthusiast Casey Webb travels across the U.S. in search of the country’s ultimate eating challenges. From his most memorable BBQ dishes to his favourite desserts, Casey counts down some of his greatest feasts.
Tom Kerridge's Proper Pub Food
Michelin-starred chef Tom Kerridge samples the best pub food the UK has to offer and demonstrates how to make hearty dishes inspired by British pub classics, from the comfort of your own home.
Duff Goldman challenges talented bakers from across America to a spooky baking competition. These experts go head to head to see who can impress the judges with their edible Halloween creations for a chance to win the $10,000 prize.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Chef Nancy Fuller gathers the best the land has to offer and feeds her friends and family classic, farm fresh meals.
Michel treats his friends and family to an irresistible red rice salad with merguez sausages. Plus, he prepares a bavette steak with grilled vegetables.
Best of Takeout Ranch Style
Ree Drummond packs up portable food! She makes spicy Chuck burgers with crispy onions for her father-in-law. And, there's a blood orange Rosemary pound cake to mail to her mum.
Dull Diner Dilemma
Robert Irvine journeys to Massachusetts, into the heart of diner country, to help a mother and daughter’s establishment get back on their feet.
Dave and Si cook dishes to feed a multitude with crowd-pleasing dishes. On the menu is salmon pie with spinach and hollandaise and chocolate and cherry buns.
Best of Over To The Oven
Ree Drummond shares her sweet and savoury baking favourites. There's blueberry coffee cake, chocolate chip, bacon and caramel corn cookies, and a freezer-friendly ranch pizza pie.
Saving A Family's Legacy
Robert Irvine comes to the rescue of a Maryland seafood restaurant. The third-generation owners need Robert’s help to salvage their family legacy.
A Cut Above
The Bikers transform everyday ingredients into comforting dishes. Bananas are made into a sophisticated tarte tatin and ricotta cheese is the basis for gnudi.
Best of Family Faves Ree-Booted
Ree Drummond reboots quick and easy family favourites. There's flank steak with herb sauce and three cheese waffle hash browns, and turkey taco lettuce wraps.
Dinner In Napa
For a meal with Jeffrey Ina makes couscous and tuna salad with raspberry bars. They have dinner with Michael Chiarello who makes his great chicken with grapes.
Ina makes a surprise birthday dinner for a friend. She fills her fridge with Italian seafood salad, German chocolate cupcakes and a delicious cheeseboard.
Eat Like A Local
Ina makes tomato crostini and whipped feta for lunch and learns how to make a local recipe of buttermilk fried chicken. Then, she chooses drinks: spritz or gimlet
Ina turns classic lobster recipe into a Deconstructed Lobster Salad. Later, she learns to make the Michelin-starred Auberge du Soleil’s signature Torte Au Chocolat.
Perfect Day In East Hampton
Ina whips up raspberry muffins for breakfast. Later, she cooks with the local chef Joe Isidori before heading back to the barn for soup with Jeffrey.
Local Food Heroes
Ina, inspired by the fabulous food in the Hamptons, creates new recipes for her blog. She makes salmon and guacamole sandwiches and balsamic roasted beet salad.
Ina Garten shares her secrets for effortless entertaining with chili tortilla chips, slow roasted beef, roasted balsamic brussels sprouts and truffled mashed potatoes.
Library Inaugural Drinks
Ina makes fig and fennel caponata, an antipasto platter and mashed chickpeas and mussels to thank the team that designed and built a library at her barn.
Birthday Boat Party
Ina sets sail down the Hudson River to celebrate a friend's birthday. She brings portable food including hot smoked salmon, fresh dill sauce and carrot cake.
Surprise Italian Party
Ina is hosting a surprise dinner party with an Italian theme. She shares her dinner party knowledge and strategies, from menu planning to setting the scene.
Ina has a romantic plan for her wedding anniversary. Her menu includes crispy mustard chicken, creamy cheddar grits and chocolate peanut butter globs.