Tex Wasabi's Koi Fish Tacos
Guy Fieri pre-marinates his tempura-style fish in tequila for a Mexican feast.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time5 mins
For the tacos
For the pico de gallo
For the tequila lime aioli
1) In medium bowl, combine the lime juice, tequila, cumin, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Add the fish and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2) Warm the tortillas on a griddle or griddle pan and then cover with a towel to keep warm. Meanwhile, in a medium casserole dish, heat the rapeseed oil to 180C.
3) Remove the fish from the marinade, shaking off the excess, dredge in tempura flour and dunk in cold tempura mixed batter. Roll in panko breadcrumbs, pressing the panko onto the fish.
4) One by one add the fish to the oil, making sure to keep the fish pieces separated. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
5) Mix the cabbage, coriander and onion. Stack 2 tortillas; place 1/8th of the fish on top of each, and top with cabbage mixture, pico de gallo, and tequila lime aioli. Serve immediately.
For the pico de gallo:
1) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavours to meld.
For the tequila lime aioli:
1) In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and chill for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.