Texas chicken hash
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time60 mins
2) Add the potatoes and 55g of the butter to a medium frying pan and saute until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the green peppers and onions to the pan and saute until soft but not mushy.
3) Heat a deep-fryer with oil and fry the tortillas until crispy. Transfer the tortillas to kitchen paper to drain.
4) In a large saucepan add the flour and the remaining 55g of butter and cook the flour for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add the milk and cook until slightly thick.
5) Add the chopped red peppers and the habenero. Stir in the grated cheese and cook until melted.
6) Coat a large frying pan with oil and add the eggs. Cook the eggs sunny side up.
7) In a large pan over a low heat, add the potatoes, pepper mixture and the chopped chicken. Season with Tony Chachere's seasoning, to taste. Stir the potato mixture until heated through.
8) Put 4 tortillas on a plate in stacks of 2. Spoon some of the chicken mixture on top of both stacks. Top each stack with 1 sunny side up egg and drizzle with the cheese sauce, to taste.
9) Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas, eggs and cheese. Garnish each plate with avocado and tomato slices. Serve immediately.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.