Thai Chicken Laab Salad
1. Cut chicken thighs into small cubes. Then use a cleaver to pound the chicken into mince (alternatively buy pre-prepared chicken mince).
2. Place rice in a dry frying pan and heat for about 10 minutes or until dark golden brown. Use a mortar and pestle to grind the toasted rice into a powder.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry mince until just cooked. Remove from heat.
4. Place mint, saw-tooth coriander and Thai basil in a large bowl. Add warm, cooked mince, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilli powder and 1 tbsp roasted rice powder (the remainder can be stored in an airtight jar for use in another salad). Toss to combine. Taste and add more fish sauce or lime juice if desired.
5. Serve with lettuce leaves and snake beans on the side. Wrap spoonfuls of laab salad in the lettuce leaves and eat with snake beans.