Thai Meatballs with Noodles
- Cooking Time40 mins
For the Thai Mushroom Noodle Salad
For the Dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl combine the mince beef, egg white, ground nuts, curry paste, fish sauce and corn flour. Use your hands to mix well then set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all of the red onion, ginger, galangal, garlic, chopped chilli, lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaf and spring onions and mix well. Then add this mix to the beef mixture and combine together well with your hands.
4. Roll into 2 inch diameter balls about the size of a golf ball (they will shrink in size during cooking).
5. Heat a large non-stick and oven proof frying pan and then drizzle with a good amount of oil. Place the meatballs into the hot pan and sauté until golden brown, finish off in the oven for about 20/25 minutes turning meatballs over half way through cooking time.
6. In the meantime make the Mushroom Noodle Salad.
Pad Thai Mushroom Noodle Salad:
1. First make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together, then set to one side while you make the noodle salad.
2. Heat a large wok or frying pan on a medium heat and add a good drizzle of oil, once hot, add the red onion and sauté from 3/4 minutes until soft and just turning golden brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies, and sauté for a further couple of minutes to soften the garlic combining well with the onions.
4. When the onions and garlic are soft, turn up the heat on the wok, add the sliced pepper, broccoli and mangetout and mix quickly before adding the noodles and chicken stock. Cook until the noodles are hot all the way through and toss the noodles in the wok.
5. Rather than stirring, mix the noodles using chopsticks. Be careful to not over-stir as the noodles will break.
6. Just before serving, drizzle over the dressing mix well and serve with a sprinkling of spring onions and crispy shallots.
7. Serve with the meatballs.
Other recipes with beef
15-Minute Meatloaf Melts
Griddled Steak with Wild Mushrooms
Beef Pops with Pineapple and Parsley Sauce
Sweet and Sour Couscous-Stuffed Peppers
Italian Burger with Caramelised Onions
Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash
Meatball Scone Sandwiches
Yorkshire Puddings with Fillet of Beef
Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs
Corned Beef and Cabbage
Individual Cottage Pies
Lettuce Cups with Tofu and Beef
Argentinean Steak with Parsley Sauce: Carne y Chimichurri
Korean Short Rib Tacos
Real Meatballs and Spaghetti
The Ultimate Lasagne
Individual Meat Loaves
Other recipes with egg
Big Herby Yorkshire Pudding
Kids Can Make: Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups
Kids Can Make: Baked Egg-and-Harissa Tarts
Kids Can Make: Biscuit Eggs Benedict
Kids Can Make: Asparagus Marinara
Tofu Skewers With Walnut Pesto
Italian Burger with Caramelised Onions
Full English Breakfast Bowl Rolls
Individual Sticky Toffee Puddings
Victoria Sponge Cake
Black Pudding Scotch Eggs
Meatball Scone Sandwiches
Thai Red Curry Scotch Eggs
Sweet and Sour Pork Sliders
Slaughter's Summer Fruit Tarts
Brioche Tea Sandwiches
Turkey, Red Pepper and Basil Frittata
Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives
Guy Fieri takes a cross-country road trip to visit some of America's classic "greasy spoon" restaurants that have been doing it right for decades.
Man V. Food
A culinary tour across America, checking out the best diners, looking for great food and tackling the nation's largest and most fiery eating challenges.
The Pioneer Woman
Award winning blogger and former city girl Ree Drummond shares her special brand of home cooking, from throw-together meals to elegant creations.
When restaurant owners suspect employees of not doing their jobs, or generally doing lousy work, they call in the Mystery Diners. What will they find?
Turning a failing restaurant around is a daunting task under the best of circumstances; attempting to do it in just two days and with a limited budget seems an impossible task. But chef Robert Irvine is ready to take on the challenge.
Spring Baking Championship
Top bakers compete in exciting challenges inspired by the beauty of spring.
Buddy Vs. Duff
Top bakers Buddy Valastro and Duff Goldman compete in a series of challenges to test their culinary expertise and end one of the greatest feuds in baking history. Who will win the ultimate showdown and take a slice of victory?
James Martin's French Adventure
James Martin takes a road trip to explore the very best in French cuisine.
Barefoot Contessa: Back To Basics
Self-taught cooking queen, Ina Garten, shares her delicious, simple and unique recipes. Her dishes are perfect for celebrations and family dinners.
Best Baker In America
Skilled bakers are challenged to use their style and technical abilities to make stunning, tasty treats. The baker that impresses the judges the most takes home a cash prize and the title of Best Baker in America.
Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations
Chef Andrew Zimmern discovers the legendary foods that define a location.
Holiday Baking Championship
Eight bakers show off their family traditions and superb baking skills. They must prove their abilities in front of judges Nancy Fuller, Duff Goldman and Lorraine Pascale.
Chef and restauranteur, Ina Garten, shares delicious recipes inspired from cuisines all around the world, perfect for entertaining or eating at home.
Gok Wan's Easy Asian
Gok Wan mastered how to cook the food he loves from working in his family’s Chinese restaurant. He shares useful tips and tricks, interesting family stories and his favourite South East Asian recipes that are easy-to-make and full of flavour.
Casey Webb's quest for the best takes him to Delaware for an ice cream custard that has locals lining up. Plus, he takes on a daunting surf and turf challenge.
Long Island, New York
Casey Webb heads to Long Island for an Italian chicken parmesan-pizza hybrid, a twist on a Jewish meat-and-potato tradition and a 10-scoop ice cream challenge.
Spring Gardens: The Birds and the Bugs
Ali challenges the final bakers to create spring songbird-themed desserts followed by a lush garden cake. Who will win the title and $25,000 prize?
Nine elite bakers are challenged to make their own version of Maryland’s Smith Island cake. And, the bakers must make a dessert inspired by a classic shoofly pie.
Battle of the Bacon
Four chefs take on an all-bacon battle for a shot at $20,000. In the first round, Guy challenges the chefs to make their signature sweet and savoury bacon dish.
The bakers compete to combine destination desserts with classic snacks. Next, they create a two-dessert landscape resembling a forest, amusement park, city or beach.
James ventures to Paris, one of his favourite cities in the world! He cooks duck breast with tangy vegetables, a steak baguette and gin and cucumber savarin.
Nothin' but Noodles
Guy Fieri brings in four noodle-savvy chefs from across the US for two rounds of highflying noodle action. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
The bakers must make a fruity spring dessert in a skillet to enjoy around the campfire. Next, they create a spring-themed cake that looks like a wintry craft.
James arrives in the tiny village of Giverny, known for its food and art. He explores Monet’s kitchen and cooks up an autumnal treat of apple doughnuts.
Guy Fieri invites four superstar chefs to compete in a budget battle. They are put to the test and must make a dollar stretch all competition long.
The Spring Cookie Classic
Ali challenges the bakers to invent their own spring delight featuring cookies and fruit. Next, they must turn classic cookies into spring desserts.
James travels to Normandy, home to his all-time favourite ingredient, butter! He cooks up artichokes with hollandaise whilst visiting a Calvados orchard.
Guy Fieri invites four chefs to compete against the clock! First, the chefs must shop for their signature seafood dinner ingredients in teeny-tiny baskets.
Spring Flower Fiesta
Host Ali Khan challenges the bakers to use pressed and dried flowers in their desserts. Next, they make a fantasy cake that features a flower flavour.
Isle Sur La Sorgue
James heads to the riverside town of Isle Sur La Sorge, where his food hero, Keith Floyd, once owned a restaurant. He cooks peaches pain perdu in the sunshine.
Ultimate Grocery List
Guy gives four chefs a list of seven not-so-friendly ingredients that they must use during the competition. Who will earn a shopping spree worth up to $20,000?
Adam goes on a meaty mission from Colorado to New York. His carnivorous cravings call for his favourite roast beef sandwich from his hometown in Brooklyn.
Adam continues his carnivorous rampage of hearty meals. He tastes Chicago’s infamous Italian beef sandwich and faces a meaty mission in Talkeetna, Alaska.